Perform a variety of roles including, Customer Services, Branch Operations and Teller functions as and when assigned by the Line Manager based on the need basis.
• Act as back up for all roles with the branches to ensure smooth business continuity at all times during the staff absence, as and when required / assigned by the Line Manager.
• Provide any other service as directed to support the overall banking operations of the Branch.
• Ensure the achievement of objectives as agreed and to support the achievement of Branches Banking goals, as appropriate.
• Supervise the performance of Tellers, Processors and branch back office staff, and decide on matters referred by them, ensuring optimum productivity, high quality service to customers and compliance with procedures.
• Authorize transactions above teller limits (where required) within an approved limit to ensure timely delivery of the service.
• Transfer excess cash over the limit of Tellers to vault and withdraw the cash as and when required, ensuring its safe custody and handling.
• Ensure that all Tellers hand over the cash and balance the cash at the end of the day to ensure that the total cash held agrees with the General ledger and make prompt investigation in case of any difference.
• Timely submit the cheques to COD for outward clearance to ensure that the transactions are complete within the cut-off time.
● Provide defined set of customer service to ensure smooth delivery of the Bank’s products and services in the Branch.
● Perform non-financial transactions, such as receiving and/or delivering routine documents, such as bank statements, cheque book and ATM Cards, letters, etc.,
● Provide general banking services such as cash/cheque deposits, withdrawal.
● Ensure the correct receipt of cash and accurately credit the customer’s account and acknowledge the receipt to the customers.
● Ensure strict adherence to laid down procedures to avoid delay, errors, irregularities and risks to improve service standards on continuous basis to support the Bank’s quality initiatives and to improve customer satisfaction.
● Maintain the safe custody, of cash, account for it accurately and transfer the cash to Vault in line with Bank’s policies and procedures
COMMUNICATION &WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Internal: Branches Banking, Central Operations, Compliance Department, Auditors.
• External: Clients