PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Customer Engagement Expert (CEE) at this level is a functional leadership role closely aligned with the regional and senior management of Cloud customer accounts, including account management strategies as well as engagement and expansion plans to ensure profitable growth within the customers in the region. This role requires a senior professional with the expertise and experience to help the customers and assigned Customer Engagement Executives to maximize the value that customers and SAP receive through adoption and use of the Network and to ensure that the customers deploy and use of all of their entitled subscription software. The role, by design, is cross functional and will align with leadership across the CCO (Chief Customer Office) and SAP.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The Customer Engagement Executive at an Expert level works in partnership with the CCO market Vice Presidents responsible for our geographic and strategic industry customers to develop and improve the Network competencies, transfer knowledge and improve network skills of the Customer Engagement Executives.
• Development and management of forecasting, account penetration plans, and customer engagement plans that will deliver business outcomes.
• Conducts customer business and opportunity diagnostics to analyze business case drivers, to identify program risks and to establish action plans that deliver near term results and continue to improve CCO business processes related to our network value proposition
• Work with the market Vice President and Customer Engagement Executives to develop and execute quarterly plans that improve Spend adoption and SMPP yields across assigned customer portfolio.
• Develops and maintains customer program reporting to communicate progress and to help govern the relationship with customer, CCO and SAP executive sponsors.
• Develops deep relationships with key decision makers and executive sponsors within the Customer s Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT and Procurement Organizations and participate in quarterly CRR review meetings with the Vice President.
• Responsible for knowledge management, best practices and leading business commerce enablement strategies specific to the Ariba Network value proposition.
• Oversees and validates network flight plans for assigned customers working in conjunction with the Customer Engagement Executive and GCO account executives.
• Assists customers with transformational change by facilitating and coordinating cross functional involvement with CCO solutions consulting, services delivery and business commerce enablement teams as required
• Work with the Customer Engagement Executives to develop and implement account strategies and implementation plans that further existing account adoption and identify new business opportunities within assigned accounts.
These plans should:
• Increase spend under management, network adoption, transaction volume and trading relationships on the Network
• Ensure rapid adoption and enablement of solutions that drive network value for the customer
• Expand business process automation across the specific Line of business applications
• Increase the customer s usage of their contracted cloud applications up to and beyond the entitlements that they have.
• Track SLA performance and overall customer satisfaction
• Meet or exceed account-specific revenue and profitability goals for account portfolio including but not limited to renewals, subscription software expansion, and network revenue growth.
• Maintain a close working relationship other regional business teams (such as SAP and Cloud LoB AEs, Services Account Managers, AGS support personnel, GADs, MPs and other customer facing personnel) in support of global customers and corporate functions necessary to support all assigned accounts.
• Drive opportunity development (including growth and qualification of pipeline in conjunction with assigned Account Executives) and accurate forecasting of the renewal and network growth opportunities
• Facilitate quarterly Account Reviews with customer and Account team members to confirm ongoing customer account goals and strengthen relationships
• Excellent program and project management and customer management competencies
• Proven Leadership experience and innovative mindset
• General knowledge of collaborative procurement, AP, Treasury and Working Capital management
• 7+ years experience in the following areas
• Proven experience with business process transformation and re-engineering disciplines
• Experience selling or delivering consulting services
• Experience managing complex customer engagements
• Commercial experience including experience developing account management plans and contract negotiation
• Line of Business specific experience specific to the LoB that they are being primarily hired into.
• Supply chain, Finance and Procurement and eBunsiness expertise
• Human capital management, recruitment, learning, compensation and talent management expertise
• Customer relationship management, sales, sales force automation and sales team management expertise
• Financial systems, financial planning and enterprise resource planning expertise
• Complex Account Management
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor equivalent: yes
• Multilingual depending upon region
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you re searching for a company that s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now .