To work using own initiative and collaboratively with colleagues to resolve customer problems, proactive delivery of exceptional customer service to all BPTC customers, with a comprehensive understanding of services and products. Maintain the safe operation of the bus station and operational issues ensuring a positive outcome is achieved and to help the business to enhance service delivery.
• To proactively provide support & assistance to customers, colleagues & driver teams.
• To act as a brand ambassador through excellent personal presentation standards and detailed product knowledge.
• To effectively communicate information to customers
• Sells tickets for bus, both on Go Card and on paper as required
• Fully follow Cash Collection and Reconciliation company procedures
• Answers inquiries regarding bus schedules, route, and ticket costs, using information provided
• Act as cashier for Driver fare collection if required
• Help other station staff if needed.
• Liaise with other departments to enable the smooth operation of the BPTC bus network.
• Responds to customer queries and complaints via telephone, face to face, and other methods as appropriate, recording said issues in the relevant system (CRM/other)
• To champion safety, highlighting any areas of concern and ensuring safe working practices are adhered to proactively intervening to prevent unsafe actions from occurring, and to assist with the safe co-ordination of buses and vehicles, ensuring that only those which are permitted in the station area are given access.
• To proactively deliver an excellent standard of customer service at all times. To use initiative and problem-solving skills to own customer issues ensuring a positive outcome is achieved.
• To be fully competent in the use of the relevant ticketing and operational systems, processes and procedures necessary to fulfil the role.
• To liaise with customers & colleagues from BPTC about service updates & disruption.
• To work collaboratively as part of a team to create a positive work culture through constant communication, integrity, positive energy and pride.
• Should the role requirements and responsibilities change, then these will be reviewed and amended in consultation with the individual
• The role requires the individual to actively follow BPTC policies including Drug and Alcohol and Equal Opportunities policies
• To carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department
• To assist with the oversight of any contracting staff at the station carrying out construction or remedial work and report any instances of unsafe working.
Experience Knowledge & Qualification Required
• Previous experience in a similar position required
• College or Diploma level education with either academic or vocational qualifications advantageous
• Meets the required levels of customer service, with want to help proactive attitude
• Must adopt a flexible approach to working hours
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Strong communicator who role models Company values
• Assertive and diplomatic, excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
• High levels of personal presentation and report writing skills, computer skills an advantage
• Ability to demonstrate sound decision making capability, prioritise and plan in the face of conflicting demands