Data Analyst for a UAE based global organization striving to change the paradigm in education through innovative learning science framework and engaging multimedia content powered by cutting edge technology and Artificial Intelligence.
As a Data Analyst you should have good exposure to work in a fast-paced Agile IT environment.
You need to have a proven track record of working with large data sets with experience of delivery complex analytical and insights work to relevant stakeholders.
You will also perform ad-hoc statistical and data science analyses.
• Deliver rapid value to users leading up to insight driven analysis to the forefront of its decision-making capability.
• Understand and translate business needs into sustainable and scalable analytics solutions and data models supporting the long-term business solution.
• Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
• Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness.
• Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
• Examine new application design and recommend optimization measures if required.
• Identify reference data, custom groups and hierarchies that support multiple innovative business use cases from single sets of transactional data.
• Work closely with Data science, BI and Data engineering teams.
• Understand algorithms (be able to tweak them when needed) as well as infrastructure that enables fast iterations.
• Hands-on, end-to-end BI experience in requirements management, design and development with a focus on solution design, data modelling and data management.
• Strong experience of complex analytical and insights work.
• Extensive exposure to high volume enterprise grade data management platforms like Redshift, Oracle, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum and similar.
• Extensive experience in the design and usage of enterprise BI tools such as MicroStrategy, SAP BO, Tableau, IBM Cognos, Qlik and similar.
• Experience with (open source) big data technologies and the relevant ecosystem and tools such as HDFS, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, Spark, Storm, Hawq, Druid, Flume, Sqoop, Kafka and similar.
• Experience with at least one of the following languages Python, R.
• Experience in working on datasets related to industry verticals, preferably Education Science.
• Intuitive ability to see a complex problem from many perspectives.
• Organized, detail-oriented and pragmatic.
• Thrives in both independent work and in collaboration on a multi-disciplinary team.
• AWS or similar cloud platform exposure.
Apply now to not miss out on this opportunity.