- Managing and improving the day-to-day operations and facilities of the data center
- Formulating plans to support the data center mid-term and long-term strategies
· Applies leading trends in data center design, operational and environmental excellence, and leading-edge technologies to determine and recommend changes to the data center that will improve the reliability, availability, and performance of the data center services and enable their competitive edge
· Develops, maintains, and innovates to continuously improve the services provided for data center clients and to improve customer satisfaction
· Ensures readiness for growth through accurate and cost-effective capacity and space planning
Data Center Facilities
· Develops, documents and implements data center policies, working practices and control procedures for internal and external resources working in an active data center
· Ensures and verify that all data center operational, environmental, and quality standards and certifications are being implemented and maintained.
· Ensures and verify that service delivery is being maintained in accordance to the client Service Level Agreements.
· Coaches and mentors team members to achieve personal development and professional excellence. Observes, maintains and documents data center team performance against company set KPIs
· Development of the Data Center design. Manages and implement data center construction activities, certifying results in a commissioning Report of Record.
· Develops gap analyses, recommendations and action plans in a consulting role to data center executive leaderships and managers.
· Performs analysis of mission critical facility systems following data center failures, developing reports and recommendations on operation improvements to prevent or lessen the impact of the Data Center failure on IT equipment.
· Develops and reviews scope of work, contracts and costs, committing the resources of the company, in fulfilling client expectations for commissioning, consulting, assessment and analysis work. Assist in negotiation of contract values.
· Liaise as required with client and IT operation on issues affecting the data center performance and delivery.
· Ensures financial performance of the data center services by identifying and delivering initiatives to minimize short-term operational cost and medium-term/ longer-term costs of operating the data center
· Maintains primary client contract and project management for data center facilities operations and service delivery issues.
· Provides data center expertise in pre-sales and fulfillment of contracted scopes of work.
· Provides professional consulting services to clients in development of data center solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field
· (10 12) years experience in data center operational management working with national or international organizations in the context of data center services. Experience of working in a Co-Lo Data Center is a plus.
Job Specific Skills:
• Proven history of successfully interacting with customers, delivering solutions which meet customer expectations, and improving customer satisfaction
• Strong knowledge of the data center services business and delivering industry leading operational and environment management practices and procedures within Tier IV or Tier III classified data centers
• Recent successful experience in managing co-location data center services and operations
• Specialized training in data center service delivery management and operational standards
· Exceptional collaborative planning and organisation experience with proven track record of achieving exceptional results
• An excellent aptitude for financial planning and decision making, and delivering profitable data center financial performance
• Proven track record of defining and implementing optimisation efficiencies and cost reduction
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
• Strong people management skills
• Proven track record of coaching and mentoring team members to achieve personal development and professional excellence
• Strong local market knowledge
To be discussed.