Data Science Specialist - Subject to contract award
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
At Serco Middle East we rely on powerfully insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We?re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight to us daily. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you?d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that?s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret, and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within?all with the goal of realizing the data?s full potential. You will join a team of data specialists, but will ?slice and dice? data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
To provide Data Science excellence & expertise and enhance Serco Middle East business growth opportunity. To research, develop and propose Innovative concepts and solutions offering multiple scenarios to support winning good business, operational excellence and executing brilliantly. To deep dive into the company?s processes and untrap the trapped value of big data, and maximise output & utilization of process at the absolute minimum input
* Support the key pillars of ? Winning Good Business, Executing Brilliantly, Profitable and Sustainable and Place Where People are Proud to Work.
* Create and establish with the Head of Technical Services robust and effective methods of Data Science development.
* Develop Quality Measurement of Performance reporting procedures in Data Science activity and success.
* Research and development of new technology, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning products capable of offering partnership.
* Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
* Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
* Enable smarter business processes?and implement analytics for meaningful insights
* Keep current with technical and industry developments
* Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
* Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
* Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
* Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
* Analyse data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
* Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
* Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
* Provide strategic and analytical reviews on business processes, with improvement opportunities identified in conceptual detail.
* Assist with modelling new and improved operational excellence concepts.
* Assist with building compelling models of cost savings model for opportunities where packaging of similar services across the contracts is achievable to deliver savings
What we are looking for in our candidates:
* Preferably, experience of Data Analytics in Healthcare sector (i.e. Hospital, Govt. Health Department, Healthcare Service provider)
* An Innovator with quality skills in research and development of process and operational excellence material
* Experienced in Technology and Innovation concepts and modelling
* Strong analytical capability to manage and interpret data
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Ability to engage at a senior level and capacity to influence change
* Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
* Excellent numerical and PC skills including the use of MS Excel and analytical tools
* Highly motivated and flexible to be able to work in a time-sensitive environment and respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
* Working knowledge of statistical and numerical analysis and technique in addition to performance analysis
* Bachelor?s or Master?s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
* Data Science related accredited qualification within the Middle East region
* 10 years minimum experience working in a technical and solutions environment
* A minimum of 7