Reports to (title):
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Office based / Remote:
GCC (GST time zone)
Position Objective: A brief summary on the purpose of the role and accountabilities.
The main responsibility of the Data Scientist is to lead large scale customer insight projects for internal and external clients and to work closely with the Business Development & Account Management teams. The role also forms part of the functional leadership team, dotted line management of analysts and senior analysts within the team. The role requires the candidate to work independently and take direct ownership of client relationships and to shape and drive forward engagements.
Areas of key responsibilities:
Insert key responsibilities & specific tasks. For most positions, there should only be between 6 10 areas of responsibilities. Please also indicate what % of time is spent on each responsibility / task.
• Develop quantitative models, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance. Maintain awareness of emerging analytics, AI, and big-data technologies.
• Develop deep partnerships with engineering, product and business teams to deliver on major cross-functional efforts
• Identify revenue generation opportunities with effective use of data to help business take informed decisions
• Taking the initiative, work independently, lead cross-functional project teams and produce high-quality work.
• Participate in growing and contributing to the data science community.
• Evaluate the financial performance of the clients loyalty scheme
• Enable campaign strategy backed by data science recommendations to optimize cost and maximize revenue growth
• Design dashboards and presentation decks to present key insights and actionable recommendations to clients
• Comfortable in storyboarding and compelling storytelling to drive strategic business decisions
• Other duties as reasonably directed
• Adhere to all Kognitiv policies
• Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace
• Recognize the dignity and respect of every team member and actively contribute and maintain a work environment which is free from harassment, sexual harassment and discrimination.
Background and Experience:
What are the requirements for this position in terms of education, knowledge and experience in order to accomplish the responsibilities and deliver the desired end results?
• Minimum 4 years experience in quantitative model development
• BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Statistics
• Prior experience using R / Python / SAS
• Strong skills in data visualization
• Strong Microsoft Suite skills, especially with Excel & PowerPoint
Skills and abilities
• Comfortable in solving business problems by handling big data queries
• Solution oriented self-starter with analytical astuteness, able to work with tight deadlines
• Strong Interpersonal skills to coach team and manage stakeholder expectations from different functions
• Good verbal and written communication & effective presentation skills with an eye for detailing
• Ability to provide recommendations based on analytical findings