Database Consultant Vacancy in Dubai
We are looking to hire a full-time skilled Database Consultant with extensive SQL experience.
• experience in administering Database Technology Platforms such as MSSQL (must), Oracle (added advantage), PostgreSQL (added advantage) or MySQL (added advantage)
• experience writing complex procedural language artifacts: (e.g, PL/SQL, TSQL PL/PgSQL, stored procedures)
• experience with data modelling, ETL designing and workflow management desired; ability to write, tune SQL queries desired.
• experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another.
• experience on performance tuning and optimizing the DBs/Platforms.
• Analyse on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL.
• Work directly with customers technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements.
• Strong experience on sizing of DBs
• Installing and upgrading the database server and/or application tools.
• Planning for and allocating the database system s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network requirements, etc.
• Modifying the database structure using information provided by application developers.
• Creating users profiles, and ensuring system security by careful allocation of user permissions.
• Knowledge of Normalization, Partitioning, Data Conversion, Database APIs, Performance Tuning.
• Analyse the volume of data existing in customer premise and perform database sizing for the application.
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analysing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
• Manage the user authentication technologies like LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, Okta etc.
• Manage HTTPS certificate configuration with several applications.
• Manage integration of database server with cloud instances.
• Manage the internal data drives, backups, restore, database space optimisation and indexing etc.
• Knowledge of managing Virtual Machines
• Manage the internal and external database and application server installations and upgrade if any.
• Basic IT devices setup/upgrades/troubleshooting, including laptops, printers, servers, routers, switches, LAN, Cameras, and other network devices etc.
• Understanding of Microsoft Office deck Licensing, setup, troubleshooting, optimizing, and working knowledge of Share Point and Power BI.
• Knowledge of setting up sandboxes using VM ware or other similar tools is a must.
• Knowledge of server configuration on premises and on cloud.
• Understanding of performance optimization of DBs and Servers.
• Hands on experience in MySQL/Oracle/MSSQL/Postgre Sql.
• Hands on experience in HW maintenance and optimizing.
• Hands on experience on basic troubleshooting on DBs and Windows popular software such as Windows, MS Office etc.