The Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team is part of the DS&O business unit. Our fast growing practice is looking to
double the team in the next 12 to 18 months. It focuses on providing support for potential, actual transactions and
assists clients in all operational integration aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion, including:
- Buy side operational, integration due diligence;
- Synergy development and review;
- Sell-side due diligence;
- Taking control and 100 day planning;
- Value creation plan;
- Mergers & Acquisitions Integration;
- Post-acquisition performance improvement.
As part of the transaction process, the DDV team develops a rapid understanding of the target, client business in
order to quickly assimilate the key operational issues, synergies, risks and value upsides around a transaction. We
report our findings real time to our clients but, typically, we will also produce clear, written reports articulating
our findings for any purchaser or vendor. We may then be involved in helping our clients with the post deal
implementation, advising on synergies, cost reduction and sales growth opportunities, implementation plans and
programme management. We deal directly with client s CEO and other C-suite as well as top senior management.
As a Senior Manager within the DDV team, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the successful delivery of projects, which can include multiple projects at a time, and driving the
key hypotheses of the team.
- Be the main point of contact for our clients to build relationships and with the project manager for day-to-
- Framing and understanding key client issues, client processes and mandate, defining realistic
expectations for the client, team, and PwC.
- Project budgeting and finance management, along with coaching and resource management on a portfolio
- Managing client expectations and ensuring that the scope of work, as agreed upon within the contract, is
completed to PwC s standards of excellence.
- Building long lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to identify value add
opportunities for existing and potential clients.
- Developing value propositions for the clients by anticipating their future needs and the competitor
- Seeking opportunities to sell add on and new work with the DDV team or with the wider PwC firm. Senior
Manager are expected to generate revenues based on their own business development activities.
- Ensuring that the client engagement is carried out by the team in a manner which adheres to the risk and
quality guidelines of the firm.
- Contributing to the wider business unit through knowledge sharing, recruitment, mentoring, training and
- Keeping up to date with current trends, from the region and from across the world, and understanding
how these impact our clients.
- Whilst working in the Delivering Deal Value team you will develop your understanding of the key themes
in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Deals experts to shape the future
of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and
development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Developing strong internal network across the Middle East practice and globally to identify and support
business development activities and identify subject matter experts across key sectors.
- Identifying opportunities for efficiencies within the firm and take action to implement them.
- Develop at least 1-2 deep sector knowledge in the region and leverage PwC global sector expertise to
support business development activities.
- Significant experience of more than 8 years in in strategy, business transformation and/or operational
consulting from either a pure strategy consulting firm, Big 4 firm, or experience in the strategy or
operations department in a corporate environment.
- Candidates should be familiar with the overall M&A process. Experience in the execution and program
management of post-merger integrations / carve outs ranging from large scale acquisitions and disposals
to smaller scale transactions will be an advantage.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success in managerial roles providing transaction-related
services such as operational due diligence, post-merger integration, carve-out or operational turnaround
to large company and private equity fund clients.
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships with clients and teams.
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation directly with clients.
- Proven experience of coaching junior team members.
- Evidence of contributing to the wider team and leading on successful business development
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships at all levels, establishing credibility both internally
- Strong problem-solving and organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being
resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines in a fast pace deals
- Comfort around high level financial analysis and understanding of the key operational drivers.
- Experience in managing project s budget and profit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes Microsoft office.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English. Multilingual
Arabic and or French speaker is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics,
Science, Mathematics or other relevant field, from a top-tier university;
- Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Economics, Science or other
relevant field or an MBA.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date