Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East Overview
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 4,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
As a member of PwC Middle East Transaction Services team, you will assist in advising global companies, sovereign wealth funds and private equity firms on M&A transactions to reach their business goals. We conduct buy side financial due diligence (both inbound and outbound transactions), vendor/sell side due diligence, refinancing reviews, completion accounts reviews and other advisory services to help clients achieve their objective whether it be to diversify, enter new markets, reduce costs, exit businesses, or raise capital. Our work is largely focused on identifying risks/deal issues, analyzing quality of earnings, assessing debt-like items, reviewing working capital and many other areas of transaction risk.
As part of our One Region One Firm vision, we deploy experienced deal teams with deep industry capabilities and local market knowledge, whenever and wherever our clients are doing deals in the Middle East region or elsewhere in the world.
The Manager s role includes preparing and reviewing client deliverables, prioritizing tasks, analysis of financial information, meet and discuss observations with target and client management and identify key deal issues from a transaction perspective. You will prepare proposals, display awareness of firms services, prepare due diligence reports, coach junior staff, ensure compliance with PwC risk management policies, manage project budget as well as other aspects of the due diligence process. Work is conducted in a team environment and, depending on the size and scope of projects, involves a combination of managers, assistant managers, senior consultants, and consultants.
• Provide solutions (through deal documents or deal structure) to identified issues; take into consideration client and target attributes.
• Identify potential issues and suggest amendments to the legal and financial
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of current accounting standards that could impact the transaction (e.g., IFRS, carve-outs) in order to develop thorough assessments of issues identified through research, analysis and consultation with technical experts.
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively assess/analyze client valuation models and provide meaningful feedback that impacts transaction pricing and/or purchase/sale agreement.
• Demonstrate basic gravitas at client/target meetings and confidently communicates deal issues and respond to client queries
• Demonstrate highly competent report writing skills with coherent thoughts, logical flow, excellent English and requiring minimal editing by superiors.
• Explain the earnings, cash flows and transaction pricing implications of one-off or non-recurring matters and demonstrate an understanding of planned synergies and additional resource requirements (e.g., identifies stand alone costs) impacting the client s deal pricing decisions.
• Education: You will have an outstanding academic record from a well recognized institution, preferably having a Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or related field. Having or working towards a Chartered Accountancy/Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Financial Analyst is also preferred.
• Experience: Individuals with 4-5 years experience in audit or due diligence (minimum 3 years), investment banking, financial/management consulting, or private equity will be preferred. Individuals with experience from Big 4 firms is a plus.
• Skills: You should have good communication, strong project management and report writing skills, fluency in English and have excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. A self-starter with commercial acumen and business insight and have strong understanding of the deal environment.