To ensure that the dental units are maintained at a ready- to-use state at all times. He/she shall ensure compliance with professional standards, safety regulations and controls to enable delivery of the highest standard of clinical and patient services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Key Core Accountabilities
Key Core Activities
• Patient Treatment
• Escort patient from the waiting area to the dental treatment room.
• Prepare patient for dental treatment.
• Assist patient in answering their questions, alleviating anxieties and in providing advice and directions as authorised by the dentist.
• Provide chair-side assistance to the dentists such as passing or holding of instruments, preparation of materials, etc.
• Ensure all instruments and equipments are in good condition and prepared for use by the dentist before each consultation.
• Ensure the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials in accordance with Aspetar / Sport Dentistry Department Policies as well as Qatari regulations, where applicable.
• Take X-Rays for patients, while obtaining appropriate X-Rays Licensing.
• Check patient medical history information is up to date and advise the dentists of any problems he/she has noted.
• Other Role
• Maintain strict confidentiality and proper filing of patient records and test results. Maintains a list of all Dental Department patients, monitors patient flow, and assists the Dentists in ensuring that patient records and documents are accurately completed and filed.
• Communicate appropriately and sensitively with patients who may be fearful, vulnerable, have sensitive concerns or have special needs i.e. physical and learning difficulties, elderly, deaf, or blind.
• Chart and update patients records on the computer as necessary, and assist the dentists in the completion of records.
• Update patient finance records on the computer system.
• Monitor and maintain stocks within the dental surgery as necessary, informing the senior dental assistant and liaising with the dentists over necessary orders, and warning of any shortages of materials in the clinic.
• Report equipment failures or breakages to the senior dental nurse, so that action may be taken to remedy any defects.
• To make certain that an efficient link with the dental laboratory is upheld to prevent delays in the dispatch and receipt of lab work.
• Perform check on the dental laboratory to ensure that all dental impressions are properly cast in stone and that all patient models are kept in boxes and correctly labelled.
• Maintain equipment in accordance with the manufacturer s directions and applicable dental policies and protocols.
• Maintain all department areas in compliance with the following directives: (1) Hospital Policies e.g. infection control, patient safety, (2) Dental Department policies and protocols.
• Participate in appropriate health promotion / disease prevention activities.
• Participate in a continuance education programme or educational seminar as per HR policy. He/she shall be responsible for identifying relevant courses and events for his/her own skills upgrading.
• Assist the receptionist on an exigency basis if not otherwise needed by the dentist.
• Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the direct supervisor.
• Patient Safety
• Attend and successfully complete competencies which focus on patient safety initiatives implemented within Aspetar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital. Patient Safety Training is an annual requirement, to include all organizational leaders, staff, service and contracted providers.
Necessary knowledge and Experience to be able to do the job
• 3-5 years of dental experience of which a minimum of 1 year should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Institute.
Education and Certification requirements
• Diploma Certificate in Dental Assistant
• Dental Assistant license from the country of origin and approved by SHC in Qatar.
Job specific technical Skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Friendly personality with ability to make others feel comfortable and to allay their anxieties.
• Multi-tasking skills.
• Good administrative skills and Microsoft office knowledge.
• Patient and pays attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to cope with stressful situations.
• Willingness to work shifts and on-call duties if necessary.
To apply please send your cv to : firstname.lastname@example.org