Providespatient care as assigned by performing dental assisting duties using the 4-Handed Dentistry technique in clinical practice. Prepares patients andassists Dentists for all clinical procedures in accordance with the establishedpolicies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1.Prepares dental operatory for eachprocedure using aseptic techniques. Utilizes Hospital accepted infectioncontrol, cross contamination, disinfection, sterilization, and hand washingprocedures.
2. Monitors daily schedule for cancelations,no shows, and arrival times for best slot utilization.
3. Escorts patient to treatment rooms. Preparespatient for dental treatment.
4. Reviews annually updated medical and dentalhistory. Recognizes health conditions and medications that impact patient care.Identifies patients at risk for medical emergency and appropriately managespre-meds and lab-work.
5. Provides accurate, consistent, and completedocumentation of dental treatment plans, sequence, periodontal charting, dentalhistories, treatment rendered, referrals, conditions, and disease diagnosis bythe dentist and ensure confidentiality.
6. Monitors daily schedule of assigned clinic,dental Satellite clinic, KFSHR-CCC, family medicine, etc. and the OR andensures clinic flow is maintained.
7. Practices 4-Handed dentistry techniqueswhile assisting dentist during general or specialities procedures. Performsspecific procedures and expanded functions as qualified for and required inspecialized clinics.
8. Maintains instruments and stock levels ofsupplies in operatory.
9. Obtains, develops, mounts, and storesintraoral and extra oral diagnostic quality dental radiographs as ordered byDentist. Recognizes anatomical anomalies. Retrieves and files dental x-ray files,and take quality x-ray, proper documentation throw R4 /ICIS.
10. Prepares local anaesthetic injections andtopical anaesthetic gel.
11. Enters clinical and statistical data intothe computer as required.
12. Maintains adequate supplies in theoperatory. Sharpens and recognizes whento correctly dispose hand instruments. Performs daily and weekly maintenance ofequipment and headpieces.
13. Collects, enters, and analyses hygienestatistical data to document and study past hygiene practices.
14. Participates in on-call roster, as required.
15. Follows all Hospital related policies andprocedures.
16. Participates in self and other s education,training, and development, as applicable.
17. Performs other related dutiesas assigned.
Bachelor sor Associate Degree/Diploma in Dental Assistance is required.
One (1) year of related experience withBachelor s or two (2) years with Associate Degree/Diploma is required.
* Grade 08:
- Four (4) years as Dental Assistant II atKFSH&RC.
- Average of annual performance appraisal atleast (3.5) for the last four (4) years.
- Fifty (50) hours of cumulativecontinued medical education [CME].
*Current Registration from country of originand Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCHS) is required.
*Certified Dental Assistant Registry (CDA)from point of origin is required for eligible.
* Certification in Basic LifeSupport (BLS) is required.