• Provide chair-side assistance to dentists and/or dental hygienists in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and/or oral surgical procedures.
• Prepare, sterilize, organize, and set up dental equipment. Ensure that all dental instruments are cleaned, dated, and processed according to established clinic guidelines and standards.
• Monitor and maintain dental equipment, system, radiographic developing equipment, sterilizer, and light curing units, in accordance with manufacturers guidelines.
• Develop and process dental radiograph in accordance with guidelines, assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
• Follow and maintain all relevant UAE regulations, guidelines, policies, and standards for the provision of dental clinical services.
• Order and maintain inventories of dental clinic supplies.
• Maintains dental laboratory result and create and maintains dental records in accordance with established procedures.
• Collect and record patient health histories.
• Patient management during dental procedures includes receiving patients for treatment, positioning chair and placing napkin.
• Manage and document Dental Instrument transfer (inter-branch).
• Identify intra oral dentistry.
• Assist with basic restorative, periodontal, endodontic and surgical extraction procedures using the concept of four handed dentistry.
• Maintain a field of operation during dental procedures through the use of retraction, suction, irrigation, drying, placing and removing of cotton wool balls etc.
• Prepare dental materials, cements, composite, and impression materials.
• Demonstrate an understanding of internationally recognized blood borne pathogens and hazard communications (OSHA, OSAP).
• Demonstrate an understanding of disease control and prevention guidelines.
• Demonstrate knowledge of ethics/jurisprudence and patient confidentiality.
• Demonstrate knowledge and practice of basic life support techniques and principles.
• Apply effective communication techniques with a variety of patients and provide patients with preventative and oral hygiene instruction.
• Demonstrate knowledge and practice of Prevention and management of dental medical emergencies.
• Update dental ICD codes and data on the computer system as well as DOH website.
• Carry out any ad hoc tasks required by the Medical Director/Dentist/Clinic Manager.
• Maintain a professional and responsible approach to all duties.
• Work cooperatively with other Clinic staff in a positive team approach.
2 Diploma in Dental Assisting/ Nursing
Bachelor Degree in Dentistry
3 years as a dental assistant
Job Specific Skills:
Effective resource utilization and equipment maintenance
Professionalism and Patient Care
Maintenance of Records
MS Office Suite- Standard
Flexibility & Adaptability
Attention to Details
Time & priority management