The Department Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The role of the department manager is to direct the day to day operational activities of the department to support the smooth and efficient running of clinical services.
· Manage the offices front-line non-exempt staff, requiring interviewing, hiring, training, progressive discipline, dismissals, performance appraisals, and employee relations.
· Schedule staff and allocate resources across hours of operation to maximize patient access and satisfaction, provider productivity and efficiency, staff productivity, cost-savings, and operational efficiencies.
· Conduct supply purchasing within specified budget.
· Report monthly productivity results to providers and staff.
· Ensure accuracy of all data collection and data entry by site staff through training and compliance monitoring and facilitate and oversee flow of information to required departments.
· Conduct timely and accurate cash management duties, including overseeing the collection of co-pays and patient balances.
· Serve as an active participant in facility committees and task forces.
· Provide financial analysis to facilitate planning and cash flow management and review variance explanations.
· Communicate budget and variance information to professional staff.
· Gain comprehensive understanding of individual job functions for purposes of identifying training and developmental opportunities.
· Identify and communicate priorities, timelines and accountabilities to ensure efficient use of resources and to promote and open and productive work environment.
Work with senior management to define performance goals for team and interface with staff to monitor progress, manage disciplinary issues and provide ongoing feedback
Experience and Skills Required:
3-5 years progressive managerial responsibilities.
Experience with 2 years health care experience.
Experience working within a clinical and outpatient environment.
Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
Excellent analytical skills
Excellent ‘soft’ skills (people management and relationship building).
High-energy, can-do attitude; comfortable working in a high-performance, open-door environment.
Outstanding communications skills (written and oral).
Experience in issue resolution and conflict management
Excellent critical thinking and judgment
Flexible/adaptable – ability to work well with ambiguity
Customer Service orientation
Fluent English speaker. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage although not essential.
Essential: Bachelors Degree in the medical field
Preferred: Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Health Administration (MHA)