We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Tunisia. This nationwide activity will focus on facilitating a productive relationship between Tunisian civil society and the Government of Tunisia.
**The DCOP position is subject to project award and funding.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in providing strategic, managerial, and technical direction, as well as management oversight, to the project. S/he will oversee all aspects of the project implementation cycle, ensuring program quality and both personnel and financial management. S/he will maintain close coordination with the prime contractor, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will be responsible for timely and adequate implementation, monitoring, and reporting of project activities. The DCOP will collaborate closely with all stakeholders, including the funder, in close consultation with the COP. The DCOP is responsible for directing the technical implementation team in day-to-day activities while continuously promoting learning and identifying ways to improve the quality of program implementation. The position will be based in Tunis, Tunisia.
• Supports the Chief of Party by providing technical and operational direction to the project, with attention to planning, implementation, and reporting;
• Serves as the highest ranking FHI 360 employee on the project;
• Oversees a small team of FHI 360 senior technical staff, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and that lines of communication are maintained among the team members;
• Provides overall technical guidance for the design and implementation of activities to support CSO advocacy work, CSO watchdog (monitoring) work, and youth engagement. Oversees the organizational capacity-building component of the activity.
• Ensures compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
• Supervises the review of contractual deliverables to meet USAID and corporate reporting requirements that document program performance and monitor overall award compliance;
• Directs the preparation of project deliverables, including annual work-plans and project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials in accordance with USAID deadlines.
External Relations and Representation
• Engages with the prime contractor, local government institutions, civil society organizations, private sector entities, and other partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
• Assists the project team in engaging USG partners and other donors and implementing agencies to ensure coordination of and synergy with other USAID/Tunisia democracy, human rights, and governance (DRG) activities;
• Builds strong strategic partnerships with a wide group of stakeholders required to achieve project goals, including Tunisian civil society organizations (national, regional, and local) and the private sector.
• Bachelor's degree is required; however, a Master s degree or equivalent in any field related to international development, public policy, or related is strongly preferred.
• At least 5+ years of professional experience supporting CSOs to advocate for and monitor changes in existing laws and government reforms. Experience overseeing the creation of networks and platforms for CSO knowledge-sharing and joint actions is preferred. Comparative knowledge of effective civil society strengthening approaches in multiple countries is preferred.
• At least 5 years of experience in a leadership position managing and implementing USAID or other donor-funded DRG activities;
• Experience working directly with youth populations on advocacy efforts is preferred;
• Knowledge of approaches to countering violent extremism (CVE), particularly among youth, is preferred.
• Strong connections and experience working with Tunisian government officials is highly desirable;
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects;
• Experience supervising a team of technical staff;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and either French or Arabic.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.