Raffles International School in Dubai has a job vacancy for the role of Deputy Head of Primary, with a starting date on August 2020.
A dynamic school leader is required to lead Raffles International School's Primary School Early Years and KS1 sections of approximately 300 pupils from FS2 to Year 2. The Primary School has a strong academic record, with a KHDA rating of "Very Good", with some academic areas consistently "Outstanding".
Raffles International School, managed by Innoventures Education, nurtures and develops life-long learners by integrating the world s leading curricula in a safe and supportive environment located in the heart of Umm Sequeim.
Innoventures Education is highly regarded for its commitment to academic excellence, exceptionally motivated students, well-resourced and inspiring learning environments and high quality curricula. IE teachers are supported by a dedicated leadership team through developmental appraisal linked with CPD. Opportunities for career growth are actively developed.
The successful candidate would have the following:
• Passion for primary education and an unshakable commitment to the wellbeing and academic progress of young people
• Track record of strong leadership in a Very Good or Outstanding international school, ideally in Dubai
• Comprehensive knowledge of the National Curriculum for England and Wales and EYFS
• Clear understanding of effective assessment strategies and how assessment data is successfully used in planning
• Portfolio of achievement, including examples of strategic school development, medium term and short term school improvement planning
• Ability to work as part of a wider school team, including Head of Primary, fellow Deputy Heads, governors and other stakeholders
• UK teaching qualification and evidence of ongoing professional development, ideally including Masters in Educational Leadership
In return, the successful candidate can expect to be part of a supportive and ambitious senior leadership team, a vibrant professional working environment and join a competitive remuneration structure.
• A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree in Education with a relevant specialism or a Bachelor s Degree in your teaching subject, plus a recognized teaching certification (PGCE, Teaching Diploma, etc)
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) from your home country or country of graduation
• A proven commitment to excellence
• Excellent technology integration skills
Applications are particularly welcome from teachers with:
• A Master s Degree in Education
• 2 years (or more) relevant teaching experience at high performing international schools
• Demonstrable Inclusion/SEND/EAL experience
• Additional relevant professional qualifications and/or strong CPD portfolios
Closing date for applications: 7 July 2020.
RIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.