Product Manager - Desalination
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel' s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
To grow, develop and lead the desalination engineering team in the Middle East region. Utilizing your expertise to grow the business and the team. Provide input into Technical proposals, lead the engineering office support to project delivery and find new ways of accessing the market through your expertise. Working closely with stakeholders to provide a confidence in our output
This role reports operationally into the Regional Manager - Middle East.
The role is based in the UAE with regular travel across the other GCC countries and occasional travel to India and Europe.
• Lead and provide technical support for implementation of desalination projects, working as the consultant on Owners Engineering missions, lenders technical advisory and developers engineer
• Complete all operational requirements of the senior expert on a project by managing your own time to effectively hit deadlines
• Provide technical input to build winning desalination bids when responding to RfP's or acting on market knowledge and constructing unsolicited bids to solve our clients problems
• Provide technical input into empanelment boards
• Manage the relationship with key current clients
• Build relationships with new target clients
• Feed into the bidding strategy for the Water Desalination market and monitor and adapt it in a flexible manner in order to meet the company's regional objectives
• Identify opportunities before the public announcements, work with clients & sales teams in ensuring market leading positioning in the bids
• Utilise your network to bring new work in, and to bring more value to the market and into Tractebel
• Continue to build and transform our desalination team in a sustainable manner, this should involve recruiting, selecting, orienting & training employees
• Maintains professional & technical knowledge by attending educational workshop, reviewing professional publications & participating in professional societies
• Assess market competition by benchmarking against competitors
• Provide source data for business line communications by defining product marketing objectives
• Present Tractebel solutions to clients and at industry conferences
• To understand Tractebel's way of working and to leverage global capabilities from other Business Entities internally.
• Mechanical or Chemical Engineering Degree
• An understanding of a design consultants/owners' engineer/lenders technical advisor's position on a project and how to sell this to certain types of client
• 10 years' experience in RO technologies, mostly in engineering and execution of projects
• Strong personality & ability to get your opinions across
• Experience in the ME region with EPC's / IWP's / International Engineering Consultants for execution of projects
• Able to communicate fluently in English, Arabic is an advantage
• Understanding of the Middle East way of working and market pricing levels
• Capable of in depth discussions across the water production sector
• PMP or equivalent an advantage
What we offer
• An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
• A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
• An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
• A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Middle-East
Tractebel Engineering delivers consulting missions in power/water generation, power transmission and distribution, power systems, asset management and natural gas to public and private utilities as well as to energy intensive industry all over the world. Tractebel Middle East has its headquarters in Dubai, with additional regional offices in Abu Dhabi, Qatar and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
• Posting Date: Nov 14, 2019