Review customer drawings and specifications for manufacturing feasibility.
Design tools and dies accurately and efficiently, within specified time frames, as per the customer specification and organizational requirements.
To set standards in processing to reduce design output time.
Investigate the possibility of designs in relation to limitations of tool room/extrusion manufacturing equipment, cost, availability of equipment, probable selling price, and general utility and advise on manufacturing method, material and process.
Manage engineering CAD files in an organized and comprehensible format.
Select items as per company standards to incorporate into the project and makes sure job materials and component are ordered in a timely manner.
Create a bill of materials for all designs.
Participate in Design Review meeting along with the relevant stakeholders.
Work closely with the tool room and guide the team to complete the manufacturing process as per specification.
Create and update drawings required for manufacturing using the company's CAD system. Maintain the CAD files up to date.
Draw preliminary sketches of dies for review. Incorporate the users feedback and upgrade the tool/die design for continual improvement.
Prepare layouts and detailed drawings making certain the design meets the customer piece part and die or machine specifications, taking into consideration how the job was quoted.
To provide necessary inputs to the business development team for client quotations.
Check, document and communicate the progress of jobs as they are being built.
Stay abreast with the market trends and maintain awareness of current design trends and influences. Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities.
Perform any other job/task assigned by the Design Executive to accomplish department objectives.
• Diploma in engineering/Tool design
• Advanced training through an accredited program and experience in tool and die design/engineering.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Tool & Die Design/as a Tool and Die Maker.
• Hands-on experience in 3D Modelling.
Functional Skills & Specific Knowledge
• Knowledge to design all types of mould, tools, extrusion dies as well as all types of press tools using the relevant software.
• Fair knowledge of Machining operations, properties of different metals, Heat treatment processes, cutting tools and their features, CNC programming.
• Fair knowledge of Aluminium Extrusion process
• Knowledge of Electrode design for EDM operations
• Basic knowledge of G codes, NC programming and NC Machining.