Provide the Managing Partner and Group Design Director with imaginative, innovative, well presented and functional concepts, based on the project brief delivered by the above. Assist the Lead Visualiser in producing high quality renderings, animations and massing studies. Working closely with Lead Visualiser and Group Design Director on company s marketing material. The Lead Design Architect is an active and integral member of the management structure at BSBG.
• A full project programme to be set up with the Lead Visualiser and Group Design Director.
• Lead to work with the concept department to realise deliverables on time and within budget.
• Presentation of concept in powerpoint format. Deliverables should include A3 format hardcopies also. To be reviewed by Lead Visualiser.
• Coordination of Designers to produce stage deliverables.
• Schematic design development with design team.
• Local authority compliance.
• Assisting Group Design Director throughout the whole design phase by producing massing models, diagrams and Sketch Up renderings
• Ensure that the current 3D models are always up to date with the latest plans and that they are addressing the latest design changes.
• Adhere to company s standards for efficient and high quality output
• Following the systems and procedures set by Lead Visualiser in order to make the Visualisation Department more efficient and the project changes easier to follow up
• Constantly working on improving own professional skills
• Ensure timekeeping, punctuality, professionalism and appearance on a daily basis
• Working with Lead Visualiser on introducing new 3D technologies and software and constantly improving presentation methods
• General performance of staff to be constantly reviewed
• Review standard of drafting, letter writing and report writing
• Ensure all time sheets are reviewed and signed off at end of each week
• Agree staff leave and authorise through Associates
• Track sick leave/absenteeism through administrator and report to Associate
• Ensure timekeeping, punctuality, professionalism and appearance of staff on a daily basis
Enquiries and proposals
• Assist Senior Management team in providing all necessary information required in order to submit fee proposals
• Review fee proposals to understand and be fully aware of scope and deliverables
Appraisals and brief
• Provide full and detailed appraisal of project requirements as issued by client
• Take sole ownership of draft design brief and present for comment and approval prior to beginning next stage.
Concept and Schematic
• Set up full project programme with Senior Architect
• Work with concept department to realise deliverables on time and within budget
• Work with Associate to develop cost/time chart based on project deliverables, required resources and agreed programme
• Client liaison alongside Associate
• Sub-consultant liaison, agreeing deliverables, scope and timescales
• Present concept in powerpoint format
• Attend meetings and file notes and actions of meetings
• Coordinate sub-consultants and Senior Architect/Project Architect to produce stage deliverables
• Request for Design NOCs, affection plans etc.
• Brief specialist sub-consultants and soil investigators
• Track client approvals
• Take ownership of schematic design development with design team
• Ensure local authority compliance
• Ensure project tracking schedule is current, monitored and submitted on a weekly basis
• Manage any value engineering and make client aware of potential variations to consultancy agreement
• Orchestrate detailed design package, review progress daily with Senior Architect, and resolve all outstanding issues where client input is required
• Oversee submissions for building permit and Civil Defence
• Take responsibility for writing specifications, assisted by the Senior Architect