STARZ PLAY is a subscription video on demand service headquartered in Dubai and available in 19 countries in the MENA and APAC region. Our service streams thousands of blockbuster Hollywood movies, TV shows, documentaries, kids entertainment and dedicated Arabic content to subscribers in the region. Because we re based in the Middle East we know exactly what our audience wants to watch, what device they want to watch it on, what language they want to watch it in, and how they prefer to pay for it. This is what makes us the fastest-growing SVOD service in the region.
• Own the performance and reliability of the services we manage and contribute to architect the Platforms we build to sustain services at STARZPLAY.
• Maintain AWS deployment and configuration tools (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Jinja templates) and transform them into a robust system to auto-scale our platform
• Write high-quality code (primarily Python & Bash) and author tools that improve developer productivity
• Own server and Docker image configurations, collaborating with engineering teams to balance requirements for performance, reliability and cost-effectiveness
• Build better measurement systems.
• Create and maintain technical documentation for the platform.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
• DevOps tools and practices, Linux server Administration.
• Experience on running production environment on AWS, Azure. Experience with using IaC tools like cloud formation and Terraform.
• CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and complex Jenkins declarative pipelines.
• Writing automation scripts to help deployment cycle preferably using Ansible.
• Log analysis and troubleshooting the production environment
• Help development team to understand and resolve errors on production environment.
• Build software to help other departments such as (Product and Marketing team) to have a better view on the systems.
• Performance tuning sense on web servers, cache servers, loadbalancers, Reverse Proxies and database.
• Experience in Mesos/Marathon (DCOS), ECS, Beanstalk, Kubernetes, ELK, Splunk etc.
• Graduate in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Why work at STARZ PLAY?
At STARZ PLAY we look for BOLD, CREATIVE and INNOVATIVE individuals that have a passion for technology. We offer a competitive compensation package and an environment that is constantly evolving and exposing you to new market trends and innovations while giving you a chance to contribute to our exciting platform. If you are a problem solver and visionary thinker then come join us at STARZ PLAY!