An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Art Director to join Izil’s E-Commerce team based in RAK’s Head office. The successful applicant will be responsible for designing and producing all visual content across social media, website and E-Commerce marketing channels to deliver a market leading, relevant and engaging customer experience, maximizing conversion and driving sales.
Must have the ability to work as a team member from brainstorming concepts to final execution, maintaining our brand aesthetic throughout the process.
This role requires an organized and motivated candidate who works well under pressure.
• Drive creative thinking that effectively communicates trend concepts and brand identity across all print and digital mediums—we're talking social media, website, email, digital ads and more!
• The Ability to concepyualize a full marketing campaign visually and art direction- wise.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketers, Copywriters, and other managers throughout the organization to provide cohesive storytelling and support of overall creative strategies.
• Manage junior designers and their work flow.
• Manage image selecting, editing, retouching mark ups, and at times art direction.
• Lead large-scale and complex digital and print projects.
• Ensure all platforms are visually consistent and follow brand guidelines.
Expertise concepting and designing responsive digital user experiences for all device sizes that align with industry best practices.
• Familiarity with UX design prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, etc.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of fashion and design trends, strategies, platforms, tools, and best practices that are applicable to the world of creative content development for retail/fashion/e-commerce.
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
• Critically evaluate the creative process and work to improve the design process with the design team.
• Learn from internal marketing metrics, using those insights to guide future design decisions
Qualifications Required (degree, years of experience, technical and soft skills, certificates, languages, etc.)
• A graphic design professional with 10 years’ working experience preferable in marketing or e-commerce in a similar role in beauty and fashion.
• Minimum 4+ Years of experience in a design role (agency, studio, or in-house for e commerce/retail preferred).
• Portfolio (please attach link or copy to your application)
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English and Arabic
• Proven experience as a Digital Art Director or similar role
• Strong hand drawn illustration skills preferred.
• Experience with photography, video, and/or motion graphics is preferred.
• An Adobe Creative Cloud maestro who knows the ins and outs of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Bridge.
• Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively.
• A strategic big-picture thinker who is also highly detail-oriented.
• Passionate about and invested in your work.
• Experienced in typography and color theory.
• Experienced in design, fashion, editorial, film, tech, and retail trends.
• Passion for fashion, design, storytelling and art.
• Development knowledge is a plus