Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
• Participate in the provision of digital advisory services to our clients
• Take a delivery role in helping shape solutions to meet enterprise client needs
• Assist in converting digital advisory opportunities to prospects and prospects to projects.
• Creation of presentations to key stakeholders, attending meetings and supporting workshop facilitation, always working to deadlines and direction whilst contributing to the development of new digital ideas across our Digital Advisory offer.
• We want you to be a proactive participant in the digital market. It's important that you take every opportunity to enhance the Mott MacDonald brand and highlight our capabilities.
• We also want you to help develop our people capacity and capability within the team, giving them the guidance, mentoring and support needed to be become high performing consultants, and also help grow our talented pool of resources.
• Provide guidance on drafting of Information Requirements and BIM Execution Plans;
• Develop processes, workflows and document management in line with ISO19650;
• Identify opportunities in new projects and assist with planning at both project tender and delivery stage;
• Identify and plan training in BIM processes and related software & technology;
• Provide technical advice on software and technology involved in the delivery of projects to the BIM processes and workflows;
From time to time the following duties also may need to be undertaken:
• Providing assistance to project teams in preparing bids with BIM requirements.
• Providing assistance to project teams in the digital delivery of projects as a BIM manager / coordinator
• Review models and undertake coordination workshops for projects
• Providing services to kick off a BIM enabled project including developing the BIM Execution Plan.
• Delivering work-shops to enable the project team to collaborate.
• Identifying and delivering opportunities to add value to clients through the use of BIM.
• Research into emerging BIM technologies
• Provide input into industry bodies regarding CAD & BIM standards
• Professional Membership of Engineering Council organisation preferred
• Degree related to architecture, engineering or construction desired.
• Specialist knowledge in the implementation, use and development of Building Information Modeling (BIM), Computer Aided Design (CAD) and integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
• Working knowledge of data/information exchange protocols.
• Working knowledge of relevant British and ISO industry standards.
• Working knowledge of engineering contracts.
• Working knowledge of asset information management
• Knowledge of IT and network infrastructure principles.
• Knowledge of risk management principles.
• Methodical and analytical approach to work, persistent nature and integrity for maintaining comprehensive and accurate data.
• Ability to identify the need for change, initiate and implement change.
• Ability to influence people at all levels across the organisation, to drive true change.
• Ability to effectively facilitate contractual discussions and negotiations.
• Ability to define, analyse and prioritise business and project requirements.
• Ability to directly and functionally manage embedded multidisciplinary teams.
• Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
• Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
• Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
• Demonstrable experience managing medium-large scale projects as a BIM Manager
• At least one project experience managing the CAPEX to OPEX handover of project to asset information
• Experience of the production and management of CAD data in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Up-to-date and demonstrable knowledge of current engineering technology trends including BIM and IPD.
• Experience in understanding complex requirements from projects and interpreting them to deliver a problem definition.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write professional reports for review and consideration by senior Mott MacDonald staff.