Major Responsibilities Include:
• Construct the annual acceptance plans to achieve business performance on agreed metrics including GAV, Revenue, Acceptance footprint (metrics like new merchants, categories, terminals and quality, operational efficiency)
• Own execution to deliver the annual acceptance plan for acceptance. Tracking and delivering on agreed acceptance agenda for the division by market
• Establish and build relationships with broader Market Development team, as with other critical functions such as Country / Cluster Heads, Relationship managers, Customer Delivery, Marketing, Core Products, Digital Products and the Services organization to deliver on solutions
• Be able to influence and drive a set of cross-functional teams to support the management of key MENA acquiring relationships both from a business development (e.g. acceptance growth and value add products) and operational perspective (e.g. rules, franchise, product delivery)
• Facilitate and accelerate introduction of new acceptance players, business models and technologies into the MENA acquiring landscape
• Building & developing the acceptance team to function as a high performance functional unit. Drive thought leadership, strategic thinking and business case frameworks to support New Ways to Pay & New Places to Pay as well as driving consumer adoption.
• Support key divisional acceptance initiatives that require multi-market coordination and collaboration (e.g. Contactless, Masterpass & Masterpass QR)
• Proactively identify and address acceptance barriers and pain points develop models and frameworks in order to create new solutions (e.g. Pricing, Franchise, Legal, Treasury) that can help to overcome acceptance friction
• Drive partner engagement with key acquirers on the adoption and sell-in of Mastercard value add products.
• Identify Alliance partners and channels/opportunities that provide the most appropriate basis for acceptance and revenue growth. Drive brand preference with key customer stakeholders including regulatory engagements as required.
• Implement & track acceptance leads to execute on the Acceptance investment strategy
• Develop and gather training tools and programs for acquirers. Lead ad-hoc research projects, special projects, customer workshops to drive business growth.
• Provide expertise on all acquiring matters including development & delivery of key customer facing programs. Establish and strengthen Mastercard position in market as a thought-leader and dependable partner for cashless payments
• This role requires engagement with senior management including country, cluster, regional & functional leads including global colleagues.
• Manage & lead a team of seven direct reports including coordinating performance and delivery under a matric reporting structure.
More than 15 years
Not Specified at least
Financial Services Investment Banking