The Economist Group is the leading source of analysis on international business and world affairs. We deliver our information through a range of formats, from newspapers and magazines to conferences and electronic services. What ties us together is the objectivity of our opinion, the originality of our insight and our advocacy of economic and political freedom around the world.
We are seeking a motivated Business Development Director who is able to drive new business opportunities as well as incremental sales in to existing Economist client relationships.
Working closely with EVP and Chief Revenue Officer will execute strategic objectives while managing a team of dynamic team of business developers.
How you will contribute:
• Confidently and persuasively convey the merits of Economist Group capabilities to clients and prospects in all written and verbal communications while maintaining the high quality and professional image of The Economist
• Manage business development sales team and ensure that the team consistently meets or exceeds sales performance metrics
• Foster effective teamwork with local and global sales and marketing teams
• Focus on growing The Economist Group market share across media and content
• Analyse all sales metrics and data, identifying key trends
• Create qualified opportunity pipeline through extending existing relationships,
• Own the end-to-end process of tracking the sales process and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel.
• Prepare regular sales reports, noting calls made per month, sales invoiced, pipeline, monthly, quarterly, and end year forecasts
• Keep up to date with the portfolio and the competitive marketplace
• Exceed revenue targets and achieving monthly sales call quota within the territory
• Expand the client base and broadening existing clients product profile
• Maintain the high quality and professional image of The Economist Group in all communications and dealings with clients and prospects
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role are:
• Considerable understanding of The Economist brand and be able to effectively communicate the brands value proposition
• Solid experience with a proven track record of leading business development teams while driving new business results
• Strong collaboration skills and the ability to build and maintains productive business/professional relationships; persuades others for the purpose of following a course of action that is aligned with individual, team, and organizational, objectives
• Extensive knowledge of market geography
• A results driven, motivated and enthusiastic commitment to succeed, and passion for The Economist brand
• Ability to lead and motivate a team of sales professionals and driving numbers through them
• An ability to thrive upon expectation and exposure
• Excellent technical and software skills (ie Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce, etc)
• Willingness to travel
• Ability to influence and communicate with colleagues in other offices, both nationally and internationally
• Excellent relationship building and strong written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to influence and communicate with colleagues in other offices, both nationally and globally
• Ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker and a goal driven sales leader