ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Vision International School (VIS) is a proprietary school owned by the renowned Almuftah Group, and originally developed by International Schools Services (ISS). VIS is a separate gender, college preparatory school, located in Al Wakrah a close suburb of Doha, Qatar in the Arabian Gulf. Campus construction was completed in 2014 and the school is a modern, spacious and beautiful educational facility.
The brand new campus opened in September 2014, with more than 225 students in grades Pre-K through Grade 8. VIS currently has 820 students enrolled. It s student body represents 26 nationalities with the majority being mostly Qatari nationals. Classes are co-ed in Pre-K through Kindergarten. From Grades 1 and up, classes are single gender. The school is accredited by the Ministry of Education (QNSA), is a member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), is accredited through the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA) and offers an American international curriculum along with Arabic language, Qatari History, and Islamic Studies.
MISSION AND VISION
Vision International School is a gender-separate American-curriculum school committed to preparing students for the 21st century by providing an academic environment in which students learn how to collaboratively solve problems and learn independently. In addition, students learn to express themselves through the fine arts, athletics, and a wide range of activities and experiences designed to enrich their lives. We also seek to instill a sense of ethics, care and compassion for others.
Shaping local leaders and global learners
VIS aims to be a community that shapes local leaders and global learners by developing leadership skills, increasing global awareness, and by celebrating the culture and traditions of Qatar.
Expected Learning Results
VIS is owned by the Almuftah Group who are also the owners of English Modern Schools. Almuftah believes strongly in, and is proud of its commitment to excellent education in Qatar. Currently Almuftah and VIS school leadership are developing an outstanding, best-practice governance model to ensure that the vision and mission of VIS is realized.
The modern purpose-built campus is located in the Ezdan2 neighborhood of Al Wakra, a very short distance from the Al Wakrah Sports Complex and roundabout. The Al Janoub (World) Stadium is visible from our campus along with an excellent full service shopping mall and a state of the art government hospital. The school facilities include:
• An Early Childhood Division for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and Grade 1 students
• Separate Boys and Girls Divisions in the elementary school for Grades 2-6, and in the middle/high school for Grades 7-12
• A full size gymnasium, swimming pool, two cafeterias, a well-equipped library, art, science, and music labs and fully air - conditioned settings.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
A Vision International School
• Provides a wide range of experiences and programs that actively engage students and promote their growth intellectually, physically, aesthetically and socially while developing a depth of character that exhibits empathy, a sense of service, moral courage and humility.
• Sparks a passion in every student for learning and to become intensely immersed in their own education as its own reward. This will be accomplished by the provision of student centered learning experiences that are real and relevant to the student and under the guidance of caring, nurturing teachers that recognize each child as a unique individual.
• Instills global citizenship by celebrating the culture and traditions of Qatar and other countries of the world. By experiencing the world through the eyes of others, and recognizing our similarities and differences, students will become more grounded in their own culture, values and traditions while gaining a broader understanding and appreciation of human diversity.
• Recognizes the unique learning needs of each student and will provide an appropriately rigorous program for all. Differentiated learning will establish expectations that challenge all students to grow beyond their boundaries under the guidance of a teaching faculty that deeply understands the unique educational needs and capabilities of every child.
• Uses technology appropriately as a natural extension to enhance learning opportunities. Students will be exposed to and engaged in the use of technology on a regular basis as a means to expand their classroom experience and provide them new opportunities for self expression and discovery.
OUR VISION FOR LEARNING
At VIS all students will be provided with a rigorous and relevant educational path to support individual development at the highest levels. This will be accomplished through the experiential, problem-based approach in which we make content and skills standards come to life for students by connecting learning to relevant issues, their specific learning needs, and authentic audiences. Academic content is charged with rigor through the curricular structures of learning expeditions, case studies, projects, fieldwork, engagement with community experts, service learning, and exhibitions of student work.
The elements of our curriculum are approved by the Ministry of Education in Qatar; together they form a curriculum vision and approach that is expeditionary in nature. We apply this approach to immerse students in the culture, history, geography, language, and arts of the host region. We will provide multiple ways for students to express their personal learning style and show what they know and are able to do through authentic assessments coupled with research-based differentiated and individualized instructional practices.
Our foundational theories are consistent with our principles of learning and designed to create independent learners with personal integrity, intellectual character, and interdependent community leadership skills.