Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, The First Group is a dynamic, integrated global property developer with a fast-growing portfolio of upscale hotels, residential properties, F&B brands and real estate asset management services. Since our launch in 2005, we have carved a highly successful niche offering unrivalled property investment opportunities in high-growth markets to clients from more than 70 countries worldwide.
The Director of Finance is responsible for providing consistent leadership in the financial area of the hotels by focusing on the profitability of the businesses, this includes financial planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis in support of the strategic goals of the enterprise. This role works closely with senior executives to develop divisional views of financial results and performance to help drive strategic decision making, growth objectives and capital allocation. You will collaborate with operations and finance leaders throughout the company to gather appropriate data and analyze trends in order to make data-driven decisions that improve overall hotel financial performance.
• Draw up and steer the hotels financial policy based on guidelines given by Top Management.
• Be responsible for the hotels financial management and determine the financial impact of strategic decisions in order to ensure their profitability.
• Establish the data representing the hotels progress (P&L, balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, management charts, etc.) to formulate proposals on the strategies to be followed.
• Contribute to the elaboration and execution of the strategic plan, budget, monthly operational forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns, in accordance with UAE regulations.
• Maintain operational and financial records and provide information regarding the enforcement of regulations, the conduct of business, as well as analyses, interpretations and forecasts to management.
• Maximize the hotels cash flow performance by tracking credits, receipts, disbursements, payments and settlements.
• Maintain relations with banks, negotiates overdraft lines, loans and investments.
• Manage the Finance & Accounting staff members (recruitment, training, administration, payroll, work time, planning).
Desired Skill & Expertise
• Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA strongly preferred.
• 8 years’ experience in leading teams with financial planning and analysis responsibilities, preferably at a premium-branded Hotel.
• Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively in presentations and in person meetings.
• Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing financial results in the context of creating shareholder value.
• Excellent communication skills with significant experience working with, CFO, senior executives and third-party clients.