Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest s expectations.
• Monitor day to day work and projects are on track and to provide guidance to ensure team colleagues are able to proceed with project tasks efficiently and confidently
• Develop and oversee execution of overall marketing strategy and plan
• Maintain rapport and meet with key media, third party partners and influential leaders
• Develop strategy to secure coverage/exposure opportunity or events for hotel, any business units and management team colleagues
• Develop programmes to entice and entertain media and media fam group
• Maintain relationship with public relations agency to solicit opportunities from each overseas markets, as well as with the regional agencies to optimize opportunities
• Monitor and review all media coverage on hotel, any hotel related articles and share with senior management
• Monitor and share any media coverage on competitors, regional hospitality news or any luxury retail or travel related coverage in the city
• Ensure guideline on comments handling are always up to date and hotel operations department is aware of guideline
• Ensure that negative comments/coverage are handled appropriately to minimize impact
• Review and sign off on all branded contents eg copy, images, video, press release, promotional material,
• Review and sign off on all branded hotel operational items to ensure they are in line with brand guidelines before production and post production
• Review and sign off on all marketing promotional campaigns and third party partnerships
• Review and sign off on direct marketing communication campaign schedule and communication piece
• Identify and secure suitable third party partnership opportunities for hotel
• Review and sign off on all partnership execution plans
• Develop strategy to drive loyalty to increase local database and products to appeal to these specific guests
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel or luxury retail environment in a key marketing position
• Previous working experience in the Middle East is an advantage
• Senior School qualifications or equivalent is mandatory
• Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management is mandatory.