Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by the year 2020.
Grand Millennium Al Wahda Abu Dhabi offering direct access to Al Wahda Mall, it's a shopper's dream come true. Business travelers can look forward to a state-of-the-art business centre. Holidaymakers will appreciate our convenient city-centre location, first-class health club and spa, and 5 dining options led by prominent and experienced chefs. Its 844 rooms offer great views of Abu Dhabi and the nearby attractions. The iconic Qasr Al Hosn, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, and Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre are only short drives away.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Ensures the entire sale team is familiar and capable of using all the functionalities of the opera System
• Establishes and maintains a proper filing system of all related information and document
• Develops and maintains client databases on all city wide events for future business solicitation.
• Develops and maintains the potential client s database and ensure proper documentation of accounts activities.
• Establishes and maintains a proper trace system for all events leads to ensure high conversion ratio.
• Produces reports to be submitted on time as required by the management.
• Develops an effective office organization and procedures to support the sales efforts. Creates a professional and effective working environment.
• Ensures the members of the Sales Team are professionally attired. Provides guidance on business etiquettes.
• Continuously seek to improve the working environment of the staff in order to increase productivity and efficiency.
• Analyses current and potential market/trends; coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue through added business volume and increased rate.
• Ensures training needs analysis of sales staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs.
• Conducts weekly reviews of sales personnel activity to ensure targets and sales objectives are being met.
• Carries out personnel related duties to include but not limited to: interviewing, induction, appraising, coaching, counselling and where necessary, disciplining to ensure staffing and productivity as appropriate.
• Produces monthly Sales reports and forecasts.
• Carries out any reasonable request made by management
• Directly responsible for achieving both rooms and banquet revenues.
• Develops sales team s account portfolios, sales goals and strategies, ensures alignment with overall hotel s business strategy.
• Leads the Sales Team in generating and developing leads for the hotel. Handle the negotiation and convert leads into confirmed business.
• Plans and executes sales trips to major market areas and reports to the management on new potential markets/ accounts that should be covered.
• Attends major road shows, functions and promotional events to promote MICE sales as and when required.
• Develops active communication and close rapport with RSOs & other sources of market intelligence and sales support.
• Any other jobs assigned by the management as part of developing the market share of the hotel.
• Ensures effective communication and cohesive working relationships within the team, the marketing division, and with other departments.
• Ensures the Sales Team maintains timely & responsive communication with customers.
• Ensures the hotel senior management is apprised of any entertainments or site inspections of potential decision makers, and arrivals of familiarization groups.
• Conducts daily briefing within the sales Team and ensures that information is disseminated to the team promptly.
• Ensures hotel policies are communicated and administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Maintains close and frequent communication with the Director of Yield Management and Director of Events Management in order to maximise the hotel profit through effective yield & space management
• Assists the Director of Public Relations & Marketing in the development and execution of the Marketing Plan.
• Maintains awareness of current and future competitors product, pricing and promotion programs so as to be in a position to provide constructive feedback and advices to the marketing team in strategic planning.
• Takes ownership in achieving financial goals of the Group/ Convention segment set forth in the hotel yearly budget.
• Establishes objectives and goals for the Sales Team. Motivates and directs staff to achieve the set goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 3 years minimum experience in Leadership position in Sales or related professional areas
• Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Manager
• Demonstrated performance track record
• Must display strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills.
• Must demonstrate strong managerial and leadership skills
• Must be flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
• Proven guest service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.