Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Start up in-country drilling operations and assist with MNR and other meetings as required, etc.
• Assist the in-country drilling personnel with managing the existing inactive wells. Develop a plan for what is required to ensure well safety and monitor the inactive wells.
• Visit in-country the drilling rig contractors and service companies to assess their capability and equipment condition.
• Provide third party engineering QaQC for well engineering planning conducted in the Company offices.
• Daily monitor and review the JV partner drilling activities (DDRs, etc) and ensure their best practices and learning are captured and implemented into Company drilling planning and operations.
• Work with the Head of Drilling to develop a world class performance drilling team with goals for annual performance improvement.
• Assist Subsurface, HSE, Civil works, and other Departments with start-up activities.
• Manage the Drilling Superintendents and oversee the day-to-day drilling, workover, well test, and completion operations.
• Fill in for Head of Drilling as requested.
• Show strong HSE leadership during the well engineering planning and execution phases.
• Follow up of the performance of the well with respect to established KPIs and develop recommendations for operational improvement. Monitor service company performances and review reports of non-conformance events.
• Support and organize peer assists, technical reviews, DWOPs, CWOPS, TWOP, Spud meetings, BARs, AARs, etc.
• Review annual drilling and completion and testing plans and budgets.
• Review drilling engineering studies to ensure optimum well design and operations execution.
• Review the Basis of Design (BOD), Drilling and Completion Programs from Company and JV partners.
• Review scoping costs and engineering inputs to feasibility studies.
• Ensures all work within the area of responsibility is adequately documented and lessons learned are captured for the benefit of future operations worldwide.
• Ensure well material and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
• Ensures all drilling and completion activities comply with company standards and appropriate industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure drilling meets subsurface well objectives and requirements.
• Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal / external stakeholders and service companies.
• Provide inputs during the drilling, completion, and well test job execution and perform or supervise the engineers conducting the post job analysis as needed.
• Plans for future wells and ensure required materials and services are available in country and allocated as required.
• Management of Change: ensure stakeholders clearly understand the proposed change and that the advice given is relevant and accurate.
• Manage the Company Drilling folders and files and implementation of a drilling learning database.
• Ensure daily drilling activity codes are accurate.
• Utilize the pore pressure data base and pore pressure monitoring capability.
• Provide daily office and engineering support to the Head of Drilling and Drilling Superintendents including updating plots, developing and maintaining daily electronic records and notebooks, other activities as needed.
• Assist with the development of new company drilling and completion policies and procedures, guidelines, and regulations. Monitor compliance. Ensure MOC process complied with and monitor well delivery process for exploration and development wells including QA/QC, document control, drilling software requirements and tools, etc. Work close with all assets and departments to ensure commonality and continuous improvement process is in place.
• Implement existing QaQc drilling and completion policies and procedures.
• Assist the development of quarterly completion statistics and drilling operations review for senior management performance review meetings and QPRs with service companies.
• Assist with special projects and studies, internal investigations, peer reviews, audits, insurance claims, NPT and invoice issues, etc.
• Track and adhere to the drilling exploration and development Well Delivery Process. Work close with HSE department to ensure all HSE requirements are in compliance. Work with security personnel.
• Work with accounts payable system (EAM, Proactis or similar system) and associated personnel to ensure system used correctly with invoices paid in a timely fashion. Review invoices for accuracy, credit adjustments for NPT, etc.
• Utilize the tangibles inventory list and coordinate with appropriate departments involved with tangible assets.
• Assist with contract administration to ensure adherence and contract value monitored.
• Provide 24 hours per day / 7 days per week oversight with drilling and completion operations.
• Other responsibilities as assigned. Note the responsibilities and objectives are subject to changes and modifications at any time.
• Attend internal or external company, regulatory, or partner meetings as required.
• Review drilling and completion techniques in the geographic area and make improvements.
• Participate in Emergency Response Drills and Preparedness exercises.
• Monitor the performance of in-country drilling team and ensure necessary personnel resources are in place.
• Communicate all personnel issues and other issues to the Head of Drilling.
• Produce reports and updates as required.
• Provide an atmosphere of teamwork amongst the drilling consulting teams and service providers. Resolve issues quickly and seek support as required.
• Oversee the review and approval of invoices for accuracy.
• Perform periodic performance evaluations of the service providers and staff drilling engineers as needed and quarterly.
• Ensure the End of Well Report (EOWR) is detailed and developed during the drilling operations to capture lessons learned and issues/mitigations as they occur. Ensure EOWR completed within 3 weeks after the end of the well.
• Participate in management and government meetings as required.
• Approve Call Outs / Call Offs for equipment and services.
• Support the HSE, PLP, Finance, and Legal Departments as required.
Education: B.S. Engineering Degree
Significant industry training courses
Current Well Control Certificate
Location and Timing: Erbil and / or Suli Office ideally on a 28/28 Rotation.
Only eligible candidates will be contacted