Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Ensure guest satisfaction levels
and standards of quality of service, in addition to actively developing and
implementing new systems and standards
• Handle Guests comments and
complaints, ensuring Guests needs are met or exceeded.
• Participate in interviewing and
recruitment of Front Desk Agents.
• Ensure efficient training and
development of personnel by means of detailed systems and procedures in the
Front Office (training manuals, fact sheets, internal coding systems, etc.)
• Give effective support to staff
for the work, which has to be done and assists in all matters pertaining to the
• Oversee and participate in guest
relations and direct arrangements for VIP and special attention reservations.
• Organize, coordinate and supervise
training, conduct regular training sessions and communications meetings.
Responsible for development and
performance management of all Front Desk Colleagues.
• Coordinate and communicate of
information pertinent to all other departments to ensure the highest level of
• Knowledge in emergency procedures,
general crisis situation procedures and keeping health and safety in the
• Ensure that all controls are in
place and are adhered to, ie. rates, market codes, etc.
• Responsible for personal cash float
• Ensure Fairmont policies and
procedures are known, followed and enforced, promote the philosophy of
empowerment within guidelines
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous leadership experience in Front Office required
• Previous Property Management System experience preferred
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
• University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
• Must possess a professional presentation
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times