The Communications department handles all external communications, including earned news, public relations, media relations, editing, translation, and other writing (e.g. web stories, thought leadership), as well as attracting media to attend and cover the event and manage their facilities and services. The key purpose of the department is to communicate Expo 2020 Dubai news to media, locally, regionally and internationally, to generate positive coverage, which translates into achieving our goal of 25 million visits during the six-month event.
The Editor, English will be responsible for editing all external-facing media text produced by the Expo News Desk under the guidance of the Editor-in-Chief and Senior Editors. Generally, the Editor, English work will be reviewed by the relevant EiC (English) or a Senior Editor before transmission to the MIS but they may be asked to check another editor s work on occasion.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Edit all text stories as directed by Editor-in-Chief and Senior Editors;
- Edit any media briefing (provided by Press Officer from Media Operations) as requested by a senior editor as detailed above;
- Edit any other text material as reasonably requested by a senior editor;
- Write/edit the daily wrap-up if directed by the Editor-in-Chief;
- Edit web stories as directed by the above managers plus website chiefs.