كيف يمكنك أن تحدث فرقا؟
Purpose of Post
On behalf of UNICEF, the Country Lead Agency for the Education Cluster, and in support of the Government, the purpose of this post is to provide leadership and facilitate the processes that will ensure a well-تنسيق, الاستراتيجي, كاف, متماسك, and effective response by participants in the Education Cluster
الواجبات والمسؤوليات الرئيسية
The post holder has joint responsibility with the Cluster Lead Agency, resourcing partners and all cluster participants at the national and sub-national level for the efficient management, تعبئة الموارد, capacity enhancement and functioning of the Education Cluster encompassing the following:
• Ensure inclusion of key humanitarian partners for the sector, respecting their respective mandates and programme priorities
• Ensure appropriate coordination with all humanitarian partners (including national and local authorities, national and international NGOs), through establishment/maintenance of appropriate cluster coordination mechanisms, including working groups at the national and, local level, حسب الاقتضاء ؛
• Secure commitments from humanitarian partners in responding to needs and filling gaps, ensuring an appropriate distribution of responsibilities within the sectoral group, with clearly defined focal points for specific issues where necessary while ensuring the complementarity of different humanitarian actors actions;
• Promote emergency response actions while at the same time considering the need for early recovery planning as well as prevention and risk reduction concerns;
• Ensure effective links with other sectoral groups, specifically with Health, Protection and WASH sectors as areas closely linked with Education;
• Ensure that sectoral coordination mechanisms are adapted over time to reflect the capacities of local actors and the engagement of development partners;
• Represent the interests of the sectoral group in discussions with the Humanitarian Coordinator and other stakeholders on prioritization, resource mobilization and advocacy;
• Ensure utilization of participatory and community-based approaches in sectoral needs assessment, تحليل, تخطييط, monitoring and response. Ensure adequate contingency planning and preparedness for new emergencies.
• Ensure that sectoral group participants are aware of relevant policy guidelines, technical standards and commitments under international human rights law. In the specific case of the Education Cluster, ensure adherence to Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) Minimum Standards, Core Commitments for Children (CCC) in Emergencies, all relevant Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) guidelines and the SPHERE Project Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response.
• Ensure that responses are in line with existing policy guidance, المعايير التقنية, and relevant Government human rights legal obligations.
• Respond to the Cluster participants needs for assessment and information. Adapt existing in-country information management approaches for collecting, analysing and reporting Cluster activities and resources, and identifying information gaps.
• Establish and maintain information databases that consolidate, analyse and report/disseminate information critical to decision making. Work with the Information Management Officer in effectively using GIS tools for purposes of mapping and geographic data management
• Maintain monthly reporting from Cluster participants, including 5Ws (Who, ماذا, أين, When and for Whom databases) and promote the use of global standards for information management for inter-operability
• Work with Cluster participants and the Information Officer in identifying information gaps at national and sub-national levels and propose ways to bridge those gaps and ensure delivery of relevant IM products.
• Manage an inventory of relevant documents on the humanitarian situation relating to Education.
• Ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of the Education Cluster participants programs and progress against implementation plans; ensure adequate reporting and effective information sharing (with OCHA support).
• Lead on the preparation of SitRep inputs with emphasis on Cluster plans, targets and achievements.
للتأهل كمدافع عن كل طفل سيكون لديك
• An advanced university degree (Master s or higher) in Education, العلوم الاجتماعية, International Development or subject relevant to the work and function of Education cluster. Formal training in cluster coordination an advantage
A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible humanitarian work experience with UN and/or NGO, including programme management and/or coordination in the first phase of a major emergency response relevant to the Education cluster.
Extensive work experience outside the humanitarian sector with relevance to this post may be considered in lieu of humanitarian experience.
• تعتبر خبرة العمل في البلدان النامية و / أو الإلمام بحالات الطوارئ أحد الأصول.
Fluency in English language required. Knowledge of Arabic language will be an asset.