We are looking for you to become our EHS Engineer to join our EHS team in Saudi Arabia.
The EHS Engineer will be a site resource, responsible for driving EHS culture, training, Health and Safety programs, inspections and improvements associated with the Environmental, Health and Safety management system.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a hands-on position that will work across the site in a competitive atmosphere. Working with and through all the department leaders and interfacing with cross-functional teams at regional and plant levels is crucial for success.
What You Will Do In Your Role
• Monitor compliance with all applicable local legislation and codes governing EHS.
• Assists the EHS Manager to develop policies and procedures that ensure compliance with regulations and company guidelines.
• Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and institutional staff to discuss and resolve EHS matters.
• Respond to emergency and non-emergency situations including after hours and weekends on occasion.
• Play an active role in designing and delivering safety training for all levels of Team Members including Train-the-Trainer for front line supervisors.
• Ability to coach and empower supervisors and shop floor employees.
• Support plant leadership in conducting and reviewing risk assessments for their areas of responsibility and ensure that adequate control measures identified and implemented.
• Develop and implement incident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures using effective problem-solving methods such as Bowtie and Cause Maps.
• Conducts on-site inspections and audits of operations and facilities. Assist with facility inspection needs (tool checks, harness inspections, mobile equipment inspections, barricade checks, etc.)
• Monitor the standard of industrial hygiene, occupational and general safety programs to ensure a safe environment and compliance with safety standards.
• Lead and continually evaluate effectiveness of the hazards reporting program.
• Demonstrate on a consistent basis the MBM Guiding Principles and humility/discipline to achieve personal transformation.
• Assist with field verifications for LOTO, Confined Space, Work at height, Hot Work, and JHA.
• Performs other duties as assigned.