Duties and Responsibilities
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for managing the electrical maintenance activities under the guidance of the Electrical Engineer, directing and supervising a team of personnel; ensuring best engineering practices; optimum use of manpower, interface & coordination with other departments regarding plant matters, ensuring the implementation of safety procedures & policies, production reliability & efficiency. He is also responsible for updating the plant management prevailing conditions/important matters/production etc. The Electrical Supervisor is experienced in maintenance, repair improvement, troubleshooting and test of existing combined cycle power station electrical systems, machinery, equipment and accessories including installation of new electrical projects. He executes the assigned work in the most efficient manner; working towards the goals/targets and vision set by QEWC management.
· Execute and monitor the electrical maintenance activities of the plant in accordance with the OEM recommendations and standard procedures to ensure best engineering practices.
· Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment are carried out. Supervise the operation and service of power station equipment, i.e. boilers; steam turbine, gas turbine transformers, Switchgears and its protection; PWTR, all make-up water systems,CO2 compressors and its related auxiliary equipment of the power station.
· Maintain inventory of spares for the year by using Oracle software, and initiate procurement in order to ensure their availability during overhauls and emergency maintenance and thereby ensuring the quality and timely completion of work. To follow up spares availability and advise the Engineer for proper follow up from his side so that plant availability is always ensured. To inspect materials / spares newly purchased at stores.
· Schedule and control the routine, preventive overhauls and emergency maintenance, in order to efficiently and safely complete all the activities well within the allocated period of outage. Plan and manage time and manpower for executing the annual and major overhauls and prepare overhaul work details for Electrical Equipment .
· Coordinate with planning and scheduling department for any shutdown schedule whether it is minor or major shutdown for proper inclusion of electrical equipment so that it can cover up or conduct the necessary corrective or preventive maintenance to be done. Ensure the proper implementation of the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS).
· Enforce the permit to work and isolation system within the electrical department.
· Recommend new installations or modifications to improve plant control performance or replacement of defective or obsolete electrical equipment systems and subsystems. Supervise and monitor the progress of all types of routine, breakdown and planned maintenance activities, so as to minimize down time for the equipment for increased plant productivity.
· Communicate with management and update the Electrical Engineer to resolve complex issues concerning new technology, upgrade of equipment, revision to standards and purchase specifications, test procedures and new projects designs. To carry out engineering investigation of plant defects as necessary and under take other engineering investigation and test work as directed by the Electrical Engineer.
· Update, maintain records, generate reports related to the electrical work, in order to enable the management to take the right decisions and thereby ensure plant reliability.
· Full utilization of the use of the Oracle software to manage the day to day planning and scheduling of maintenance activities, ensuring quality control of the work done by the appropriate maintenance disciplines. To raise job request for workshop and follow up.
· To liaise with other sections for timely implementation of the jobs.
· Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company environmental health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures at all times within the power station. Execution/coordinate plant emergency drills for major fires, leakages, radiation releases and other safety related accidents (drill activities included transport, fire brigades and ambulances arrangements