• Maintains, repair and replaces or installs a broad range of electrical equipment and support systems in support construction and maintenance activities.
• May supervise a team of local Nationals and ensure installation and repairs of electrical systems are in accordance to National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or British Standards (BS 7671)
• Work directly with tools of the trade doing testing, terminating, installation, troubleshooting, and repair, performing the duties of subordinate positions as needed.
• Ensures that all work performed is fully compliant with applicable sections of the NEC and/or British Standards (BS 7671).
• Typical job functions include testing, wiring, terminating electrical connections, general installation of circuitry and components, troubleshooting, moving materials and related activities as required.
• Performs inspections and assist other Electricians during inspections or other assignments.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, instructions, and other technical documentation.
• Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping duties
• Responsible for identifying proper materials, suitable for the use, listed, and as required for specific installations.
• Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
• Understands the safe operation and applications of instruments provided for circuit analysis and testing, including power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance testers, residual current device testers, and similar test equipment standard in the trade.
• Classify electrical distribution systems, trouble-shoot circuit faults on broad range of applications.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• High school diploma / GED equivalent is preferred.
• Current/valid journeyman license or proof of training/competency or certificate of completion from Electrical Apprenticeship program
• Minimum six (6) years' experience as an electrician required
• Good working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or British Standard (BS 7671)
• Prior Military and/or AFCAP/LOGCAP Experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• Strong initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Physically fit to stand and bend for long periods of time
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to wear all appropriate/required Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE)