LOCAL CANDIDATE AVAILABLE IN QATAR TO ONLY APPLY:
• Fluent knowledge of English language (Speak, Read and Write).
• Certification from High School.
• Three years technical engineering diploma in electrical engineering (polytechnic/HND) will be preferred or
• Two years relevant trade certificate with relevant more years of experience (ITI/ND). from recognized institution
Minimum Work Experience
• Minimum six to eight years experience as an electrical Technician in Aluminum smelters, Petrochemical Plant or heavy industry.
• Ability to perform work normally performed by this craft independently.
• Experience as an electrical Technician in Aluminum smelters, power plant, petrochemical, Oil, and Gas plant will be an added advantage,
Job Requirements (but not limited to)
• Follow plant safety standards and procedures. Be familiar with typical Aluminum smelters, Petrochemical Plant or heavy industry safety hazards.
• Follow standard maintenance procedures.
• Follow manufacturer s troubleshooting and maintenance procedures. Correctly use and care for test and calibration equipment.
• Implement good housekeeping practices.
• Use of testing instruments to measure voltage, amperage, speed, rotation and vibration.
• Identify and Troubleshoot faults related Electrical systems.
• Repair / Overhaul LV motors, installation of motor on field and connection of protection
• Maintenance of battery standby systems (UPS) and inverters.
• Read and understand relay logic and schematic drawings and use these to troubleshoot and repair circuits.
• Installation of conduit, enclosures, wiring, connections and controls up to 480 V for new construction.
• Repair and maintain cathodic protection systems, Overhead cranes, Automatic Overhead Doors and other electrically operated equipment.
• Cables installation, repair and maintenance.
• Read and interpret schematics for power distribution systems.
• Work at elevated heights.
• In addition to his normal jobs, he should assist and participate in other maintenance
• Carry out established Preventive Maintenance procedures on electrical equipment.
• Safe and proper care of tools and equipment s under responsibility.
• Work as a team with operations, technical, and maintenance.
• Participate in company safety and training programs.
• Train Subordinates & coworkers_ Report on work progress & maintenance activities.
Definition of HV & LV in terms of Voltage Range
• LV: All systems having voltages less or equal to 1000V AC or 1500V DC. A system voltage of 1500V d.c. sporadically rising up to 1650 V for a short period of time due to process fluctuations is still considered to be low voltage
• HV: All systems having voltages greater than 1000V AC or 1500V DC.