Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools. Inspect and diagnose malfunctioning tools, equipment, electrical systems, apparatus, and components. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes. Test batteries in generators, emergency lighting, etc. Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, based on job specifications and current National Electric Code and local codes. Read and follow blueprints/schematics. Respond to repair requests and perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, and appliances. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies.
•Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
•Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
•Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
•Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
•Speak with others using clear and professional language, and prepare and review information in a variety of formats accurately and completely.
•Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
•Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.