SOW Title: Electricity Management Consultant LOE: 140 working days with a possibility for extension based on program needs Job Location Erbil, Iraq Travel possible travel to other KRI provinces. Remote work Not applicable Job Classification: STTA (International Expatriate or CCN) Reporting to: Service Delivery Component Team Lead Estimated Start Date: على/or about November 4, 2019 Estimated End Date: على/or about May 31, 2020
The purpose of the Iraq Governance Performance and Accountability (IGPA/Takamul) project is to advance effective, مسؤول, والحكم الشفاف في العراق. هذا الجهد لوكالة المعونة الامريكيه, تنفيذها من قبل داي, is working with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public-sector transparency, المساءله, والاقتصاد. تشمل مبادرات الإصلاح تقديم الدعم لتحسين مهام تقديم الخدمات, الإدارة المالية العامة, والمبادرات الحكومية المفتوحة. IGPA/Takamul will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA/Takamul has four (4) objectives:
1. تعزيز القدرة علي تقديم الخدمات غوى
2-تحسين الاداره المالية العامة
3-تعزيز الرصد والرقابة علي تقديم الخدمات والنفقات العامة
4-دعم وكلاء التغيير العراقيين (الهدف الشامل لعده قطاعات)
The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) Ministry of Electricity (MOE) manages the public power production, تحويل, and distribution of electricity across the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) provinces, المدن, المناطق الصناعية, والمساكن. As part of its mandate, the MOE also manages the private investment production with full responsibilities in distribution, جمع الايرادات, and planning new projects.
The main purpose of this scope of work (SOW) is to build the technical capacity of MOE staff to better perform their duties and enable the streamlined delivery of this critical service to the residents of KRI. The consultant will directly implement capacity development activities where appropriate, and similarly provide technical assistance to vendors and oversee the implementation of vendors where appropriate.
المهام والمسؤوليات الرئيسية
The main activities of the Electricity Management Consultant include:
• Develop a comprehensive assessment of the current situation of electricity services in KRI, including the key gaps in the institutional and capacity of the relevant entities responsible for the delivery of these services within KRG. This will be done through the review of available material, interviews with the relevant government entities and through sessions with the relevant stakeholders to identify the main gaps and hence to priorities that need to improve the service of electricity in KRI.
• Evaluate electricity organizations, وظائف, نظم, المنتجات, المكونات, and applications used in the KRG through research and analysis, to determine the existing gaps and recommend appropriate action plan to improve the process of electricity delivery.
• Assist the IGPA/Takamul Service Delivery Team in developing requests for proposals (RFPs), evaluating proposals, and monitoring vendor progress.
• Manage implementation of contracts and vendors performance according to international standards.
• Identify key stakeholders, الخبراء, champions and organizations in the KRG electricity sector, including the various ministries and departments, الجهات المانحة, القطاع الخاص, الجمعيات الاهلية, and research institutes/الباحثين.
• Support the IGPA/Takamul Service Delivery Team in maintaining the quality of the work in improving the electricity services within KRG.
• Provide technical support on the planning, التنفيذ, and training of MOE staff and/or monitoring & evaluating vendors planning, implementation and training of MOE staff.
• Provide internal electricity related consultation.
• Provide progress plan report for each MOE activity on a weekly bases to the IGPA/Takamul project team.
• Attend planning and coordination meetings with the MOE and related stakeholders in KRI including but not limited to other international, local agencies and government entities.
II. Specific Tasks of the Consultant
The Consultant responsibilities includes managing the vendors implementation of the activities below with the possibility for direct implementation if a qualified vendor is not identified.
1. Design organizational structure and job description according to international standards, by adopting organization design and analysis tools. Vendor will perform the following tasks:
• Meet with the MOE team to present the activity and identify pilot areas to design and implement the new model
• تطوير AS-is assessment of the selected organization
• Analyze the selected organizations and the design of the new model, including team level job description
• Recommend best practices to implement the new model
• Ensure team development and training on the new model is achieved
• Support the implementation of the new model
IV. Required Qualification
• Master s degree in Electricity Management, إدارة الطاقة, أو ما يتصل بها من مجال. PhD is preferable.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in developing efficient organizational structures,.
• History of successful project management experience, شهادة PMP زائد
• Proven strong analytical and written presentation skills in English
• Proven history of managing projects in electricity sector with technical aspects in restructuring, efficient usage of resources, and technical training.
• Ability to work with government procedures and expertise in process simplifications.
• Ability to provide quality assurance review of trainings developed
• Ability to provide on the job training for governmental staff
• Excellent writing and communication skills with persuasion abilities
• Certification in SCADA is a plus.
V. General Statement.
The Electricity Management Consultant work location is Erbil, imbedded to the KRG-وزارة التربية. Under this SoW, the IGPA/Takamul project will be responsible to cover all other indirect implementation costs including air and ground transportation, إقامة, لكل-اليومية, and phone communications.
The Electricity Management Consultant will report to the Service Delivery team.