Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker - always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new transformational Leader we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters - whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
These are exciting times at SAS! - As we continue down our transformational journey, we are creating a brand-new business unit operating across EMEA which will effectively run as a Start-Up. As more of the market leading SAS product portfolio embrace the “Anything as a Service” (XaaS) model, this business unit will be at the forefront driving Cloud adoption across our customer base.
What you’ll do
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial, Start-Up mentality to be part of building a new organization within an established and market leading software company. You will lead from the front as you define the EMEA “Go-to-Market” strategy and execution working in close collaboration with regional leadership to drive execution and provide ongoing guidance on customer segmentation, coverage models, sales methodologies and process.
The EMEA Sales Director (XaaS) will work closely with the company’s leaders to align the business unit’s objective to the company strategy. You will be responsible for a solid revenue growth of our XaaS proposition in EMEA. You will use market knowledge to optimize sales strategy. You will inspire and grow your team with your experience and strategic vision.
Most important attributes are:
• Analyzes and implements company sales initiatives at the regional or country industry level and develops short- and long-term plans to address industry and competitor trends.
• Analyzes and evaluates territory sales plans and practices to drive specific SaaS metrics.
• Direct management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
• Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
• Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
• Responsible for communication with regional sales leadership team to coordinate account strategies.
• Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating staff. Assess and develop staff skills and experience to make the team better fit to meet its objectives.
• Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
• Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a passionate leader who has a significant, demonstrated experience with creating regional high-performance sales teams within a Software Company. A proven track record with sales in a ‘as a Service’ model is mandatory to be considered for the role.
• Master's degree/equivalent in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field.
• Several years of leading cross regional teams in driving business initiatives in cooperation with other teams
• Sales experience of ‘as a Service’ offering which includes infrastructure, software, and consulting services working for a SaaS, IaaS or PaaS provider. To become successful, you should have an insight into the mechanics of how organizations can get the best out of their IT solutions. An understanding of change management and how complex projects are procured, including implementation and delivery would be extremely beneficial.
• Excellent knowledge of solution selling methodologies. Experienced using L.A.E.R. methodology and use this to create a business model to ensure SAS technology will lead to improved business outcome for our clients.
• Strategic thinking and understanding of the current and future industry trends. Able to transform this in clear business plans
• An enthusiastic leadership approach that motivates people to chip in. Experienced in managing employees and managers in multiple countries & cultures
• Skilled at understanding people’s needs and priorities. Eager to help people reach their goals while also confident enough to challenge when required.
• Ability to grow a business from scratch, you will benefit from having worked in a start-up and scale-up environment
• Thought leader and solid public speaker.
• Ability to travel as business needs require
• You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
• We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
• Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.