The Energy Engineer position will focus on two main tasks, energy auditing and energy modelling.
The auditing and management of energy efficiency and renewable projects related to the identification and quantification of energy and water efficiency opportunities associated with new and existing buildings. This role will cover all systems, equipment and energy producing structures including, but not limited to, HVAC and central energy plants, lighting, controls, and automation.
Energy Engineers will be responsible for the compilation of data, modelling, design, development and evaluation of energy-related projects and software.
The goal is to develop a program in conjunction with our building digitization team, to reduce energy costs and/or improve energy efficiency for projects of unlimited scope and size.
• Perform on-site energy efficiency audits that are focused on all forms of MEP services, control systems and lighting energy efficiency opportunities.
• Analyze potential opportunities, create proposals and present findings to client.
• Conduct historical utility billing analysis and facility benchmarking analysis.
• Recommend and analyze Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs).
• Develop and implement Site Measurement Plans and deploy equipment to document parameters such as operating times, flows, energy consumption, temperatures, etc.
• Develop Site Survey Plans and Audit Checklists.
• Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of technologies.
• Analyze consumption before, during and after implementation phases using energy modeling software.
• Create and calibrate detailed energy simulation models and analyze interactive EEM effects.
• Create and develop technical audit, savings, and project report.
• Prepare detailed Energy Models for all building types.
• Gather and interpret facility data from drawings, utility bills and on-site visits and clearly document all assumptions in reporting format.
• Read and understand project documentation of energy / sustainable design related systems & requirements related to calculations and standardized energy compliance templates.
• Quantify performance of existing systems based on control system trends, data loggers, test & balance (TAB) data, and direct observations.
• Calibrate baseline models referencing occupancy & equipment schedules, as-built equipment performance and existing weather and utility consumption historical data.
• Modify baseline models through iterative parametric modeling to demonstrate energy saving schemes associated with electrical and mechanical equipment, controls sequences, operating schedules, or other building components and quantify energy savings opportunities.
• Format simulation output to suit required deliverables and reporting structure through the utilization of comparable baseline models.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.