Undertake to run and update Macroeconomic module and provide analysis on inter-fuel competitions.
• Principal Responsibilities:
1. Maintains, calibrates and updates the macroeconomic module;
2. Provides assessment of the international benchmark energy prices;
3. Collects, analyzes and provides forecast data related to input economic indicators required in the GECF Global Gas Model;
4. Maintains, calibrates and updates the price module;
5. Maintains the supply demand balance;
6. Monitors trade movements to keeps updated trade modules
7. Define, review and monitor others reliable sources of energy and gas trade forecasts to benchmark and crosscheck with GECF Global Gas Model results to make sure of its accuracy and consistency;
8. Elaborates regularly or when needed economic reports on specific countries or regions or globally;
9. Provides Inter-fuel competition analysis in GECF Global Gas Model and related studies.
10. Carries out any other tasks assigned to him/her by his/her relevant superiors (Secretary General or Department Head) as pertaining to his/her background, qualifications and position.
• Education: MA in Energy Economics, Applied Economics, with experience in Energy Modeling
Experience: 10 years of experience in related field.
Language: Fluent in English
• Skills, Knowledge & Personal traits:
Proficient with MS Office and advanced PC Skills.
Requires full working knowledge of job responsibilities and related practices and procedures.
Strong negotiations and interpersonal skills.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving - Identifies the problem and finds solution to moderately complex problems. Utilizes knowledge, experience & available resources to find solutions. Makes recommendations for solutions.
Outstanding time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with ability to perform under pressure .
Commitment to work quality and strong attention to details.
Communication Effectiveness - Communicates & interprets policies & procedures. Writes & presents reports. Shares the information in a clear & concise manner. Formally transfer administrative knowledge to others.
Very good career opportunity with international and diplomatic exposure;
Privileged working environment in a very good, central location in Doha;
30 calendar days annual leave in addition to approx. 15 days/year official holidays of GECF;
Home Leave benefit in accordance with Staff Regulations
Salary & Benefits Information:
Competitive Basic Salary plus allowances and benefits in accordance with provisions of Staff Regulations:
Annual cost of living allowance as per Qatar CPI Index;
Participation in Forums saving scheme, to be paid upon termination.