Reviews and checks electrical engineering design including calculations and drawings. Carries out all required in-house engineering works. Reviews and prepares technical specifications for projects. Provides support to Senior Engineers for the review work. Prepares the requirements for the scope of work. Visits sites and follows-up site technical and construction issues as assigned by the management.
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Carries out analysis and prepares all requirements for the required scope of work of design and construction projects.
• Prepares draft scope of work under guidance of the Senior Electrical Engineer / Team Leader.
• Reviews specifications of the projects and prepares all recommendations for their enhancement, elimination of all discrepancies within the specification and drawings.
• Reviews specifications of design and built projects and ensuring their compliance with all contractual requirements.
• Keeps abreast of the latest technological developments, new industry standards and latest local Authority Regulations.
• Attends all design and technical meetings and stays up-to-date with all the project design and or construction status.
• Reviews and checks the design works of consultant and contractors for their accuracy, completeness and compliance with all technical requirements, international standards and local authority regulations.
• Reviews the submitted design for their full compliance with the Scope of Work.
• Coordinates with end users for the incorporation of their requirements and compliance with their technical comments during the Project Design and Construction Phase.
• Reviews the design / submittals review process in coordination with Document Control to ensure their release within the stipulated time frame as per C contract. Reminds and follows up with Senior Engineer/ Team Leaders accordingly.
• Reviews the quality of design work by consultants and recommends measures for meeting the required professional quality standards and best practices.
• Participates in Pre-qualifications of vendors and suppliers and Technical Evaluation of Tenders.
• Carries out all design calculations and relevant engineering works as assigned by the Team Leader.
• Reviews and coordinate all design drawings with other disciplines to ensure coordination and to avoid all mishaps and conflicts during the construction stage.
• Keeps an eye on the project design for their completeness and ensures no discrepancies with the contract documents, international and local standards and local authorities regulations in order to deliver a professional best quality tender documents and avoid any variations during the construction stage.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department/ Section budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Department / Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Department / Section s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Department / Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an Accredited University by Ministry of Higher Education (Local institution) or with an internationally recognized Accredited Commission / Authority.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 6 years of experience design works, 2 years experience in Electrical Building Services of Commercial, Residential, Industrial and Institutional Buildings.