3. JOB PURPOSE:
Plans, supervises and implements routine, and non-routine corrosion mitigation and control activities in assigned operational area. Conducts corrosion inspection on pipelines and processing, transmitting and storage facilities. Analyzes related corrosion results and recommends remedial measures. Initiates and implements the Company’s policy on corrosion control. Ensures that all surface preparation and coating activities carried out on new and existing facilities are in accordance with approved specifications. Ensures that all corrosion mitigation measures are consistently applied in accordance with accepted practices and standards. Supervises the activities of the Laboratory analysis for corrosion monitoring and pigging operations.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Job Specific Accountabilities
• Plans and supervises the activities of assigned personnel. Performs supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position.
• Implements the Company’s corrosion control policies to mitigate corrosion attacks on static structures,
equipment and associated facilities. Plans and implements work programs covering following activities:
- Cathodic Protection
- Chemical Treatment
- Internal Corrosion Monitoring
- Thickness gauging program
- Coating inspection & evaluation
- Data Gathering and Processing
- Miscellaneous Corrosion Inspection
• Conducts corrosion inspection on pipelines, tanks, structures and piping related to corrosion attacks on processing, transmitting and storage facilities. Analyzes related corrosion results and recommends remedial measures.
• Plans and evaluates the results of all routine and non routine cathodic protection surveys intended to confirm the effectiveness of deployed systems. Makes appropriate technical recommendations for possible improvements.
• Conducts effective monitoring programs on coatings of existing equipment, structures and facilities to assess conditions and identify problems. Prepares adequate coating repair programs.
• Participates in supervising intelligent pipeline tool inspection. Analyzes recorded data and plans necessary inspection/repair program.
• Reviews and evaluates survey results from electrochemical probes, weight-loss coupons, and other corrosion monitoring devices used to establish the effectiveness of internal corrosion control methods.
• Ensures satisfactory implementation and evaluation of all chemical treatment programs formulated for internal corrosion control.
• Supervises laboratory and field testing activities including planning routine and non routine sampling and analysis programs.
• Participates in plant corrosion inspections during shutdowns and investigates failures to identify causes.
Highlights areas of concern and advises on improvements required.
• Updates computer-based corrosion/material information systems to record and monitor a wide variety of related data and information. Ensures that all corrosion tests/analysis data of each equipment/facility and major problem areas are logged and identified.
• Liaises with concerned parties to coordinates activities on corrosion mitigation and control matters.
• Keeps abreast of technological development in the field of corrosion mitigation & control engineering in the oil/ production industry.
• Participates in the preparation of the department budget as applicable to corrosion activities.
• Participates in the training and development of assigned UAE national employees. Includes developing and implementing O-J-T programs, monitoring and reporting on progress and counseling employees as required.
• Knows the Company health, safety and environmental policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility, and ensures that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved
Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support
execution of the Section’s work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Comply with all applicable legislation and legal regulations.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section in line with the
Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CO. Code of Practices
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management