Engineering Manager - RTA & CAREEM Joint Venture
The RTA CAREEM L.L.C was created to improve efficiencies for one of the RTA s products which is taxi s. The RTA wanted to join hands with a company that has expertise, tech capabilities and local knowledge in this field.
The RTA CAREEM L.L.C is an app-based booking service that connects people to rides. The company run an online booking platform that connects passengers with taxi drivers where passengers can request a ride, see the cost and have it charged to their selected credit card or cash which helps passengers have access to affordable and quick transportation.
Our mission is to improve the lives of our captains, customers and colleagues by bringing more efficiencies at affordable prices and creating more job opportunities.
About the role
You will lead a team of amazing engineers to improve the developer experience for engineers. You will partner with engineering leaders to ensure alignment about engineering challenges and opportunities.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
• Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
• Allocate available resources to meet operating objectives. Interacts with direct reports, customers and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
• Assist your teams in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth
• Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
• Experience solving large-scale engineering challenges
• Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
• You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
• Working knowledge of at least one of these Java, C , Python.
• Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training,
• fellowship, or work experience.
• You ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
• Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes
What do we offer you?
Working in an international environment with colleagues from 70 nationalities, ownership culture, flexible working hours, unlimited (paid!) holidays and the latest technologies