The FireEye Solution Specialist role is responsible for sales and revenue of FireEye s Threat Intelligence portfolio, Managed Defense offerings and our Validation Platform (formerly Verodin), within a defined region or list of accounts.
Specifically, this position is responsible for assessing opportunities, enabling and training other sales resources, developing account plans and sales plays, contract negotiations, and post sales account management of the assigned Enterprise accounts. The successful specialist is expected to leverage and partner with the direct Field and Channel sales team on lead generation, account planning and new account development and/or expanding existing accounts. The specialist is also expected to be the expert and extremely knowledgeable in their area of focus. They must also be able to effectively represent FireEye s full suite of products and services using technical, organizational and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs, resulting in overall revenue generation.
• Build strong business consulting relationships within assigned regions and accounts and ensure alignment of internal resources i.e. Support, Systems Engineering, and Global Services, to ensure consistency in the implementation of high value solutions.
• Exercise strong financial skills in the evaluation and preparation of sales opportunities and sufficient organizational and project management skills to manage customer needs and drives issues to resolution; the specialist must also effectively manage cross functional areas to deliver total solutions based on regional requirements.
• Lead sales strategy sessions for significant opportunities within accounts while contributing to and coordinating the execution of the overall account plans, ensuring the accurate production of account plans, business case preparation, appropriate contract presentation, and the effective delivery of account plan activities.
• Collect and communicate marketing requirements and competitive data, including pricing, feature needs, license models and value proposition strategies to stakeholders.
• Maintain and ensure the accuracy and consistency of all sales data across all sales systems.
• Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition
• As a specialist, success is also dependent on educating and evangelizing within the sales team. To do this effectively, partnerships must be formed through FireEye s Enablement, Global Services and Intelligence, Marketing, Channel, Engineering and Product Management teams in order to deliver a consistent and uniform message to the field.
• As a specialist, they must also partner with these teams to develop content and deliver it to the field in order to increase sales for the suite of offerings. As such, this role requires a deep understanding of the market and technologies that FireEye sells, including our business/industry, our competitors and the ability to use this knowledge to plan for the future