At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services (CMAAS) team, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Managers with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working in the enterprise asset management consulting space, with specific focus on the following areas:
Fixed asset componentisation
Fixed asset register reconstructions
Business process reviews & implementations, specifically focusing on the fixed asset function of the organisation
Year-end useful economic life & residual value reviews
• You will be required to participate as an individual contributor and senior team leader with CMAAS practitioners and other professionals (e.g. auditors) on complex accounting- and financial reporting matters. A proven track record in working effectively in multi-national and multi-cultural teams in a variety of environments and countries.
• Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in financial reporting standards and enterprise asset management and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
• The role also requires that the candidate is able to lead multiple projects, serviced by teams across different competences within our global team (e.g. fixed asset tagging & verification experts) to bring our clients high value solutions. Actively manage staff across multiple projects, identify gaps in the collectively team capability and take the necessary steps to bring the best value, excellence and commitment to our clients.
• Take responsibility for preparing project proposals for potential clients, managing the process of collaborating with various lines of services, incl. preparing and reviewing detailed budgets.
• Analyse the work-in-progress and project costs and compare the costs to the budget, providing timely feedback to project partners and suggesting the necessary changes in team structures (if required).
• Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
• As a Senior Manager in the team, the role requires you to build relationships to create exceptional client and people experience, working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team and delegating tasks effectively and providing coaching and direction to junior team members.
• The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC s Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) team within our CMAAS Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of a variety of EAM solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
• The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting & Financial Management.
• Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) or studying towards these qualification (s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: CA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA
• In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, with specific focus on IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment and enterprise asset management.
• Experience in leading previous enterprise asset management projects, preferably in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in a consulting capacity.
• Strong passion for client service delivery and collaborative team work.
• Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. The role offers some flexibility in working hours, depending on the specific projects and client delivery expectations.
• Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Microsoft Office, with proven skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Minimum years experience required
• 8 10 years of relevant experience in finance & accounting consulting, with a specific focus on enterprise asset management, relevant asset management business processes and application of asset componentisation requirements in compliance with the applicable accounting & financial reporting standards, preferably within a professional services environment.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
December 19, 2019