Location : United Arab Emirates
The primary role of this position is to manage enterprise-wide technology driven programs including a business-critical ERP system transformation. This role will drive the successful planning, execution and delivery of programs and related projects within time, budget and scope objectives in accordance with business priorities.
In close coordination with Group IT, ERP Steering committee members, key business stakeholders and suppliers, this role will follow project management best practices to ensure that program outcomes and intended benefits are realised.
Full Job Information:
Program and Project Management
• In coordination with the Group Head of IT, internal and external stakeholders, develops the overall project governance framework, including project organisation structure, stakeholders and project members responsibility matrix, steering committee, project team periodic status meetings and updates cadence and general agenda, design authority governance and role, communication and escalation guidelines
• Develops project management tool kit, templates and project related document management processes
• Working with the system integrator project manager and other relevant stakeholders, coordinates the planning exercise and maintains plans for assigned programs and projects, following established methodologies
• Effectively monitors and assesses risks and ensures related remediation actions to minimise these.
• Partners with business sponsors to define project success metrics and completion criteria
• Leads and coaches assigned project resources
• Facilitates all operational stage-gate approval activities throughout program/project lifecycles
• Ensures all programs/projects adhere to industry best-practice methodologies
• Continually updates relevant business stakeholders of program/project status via reports and progress meetings
• Ensures programs/projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case
• Supports the effective transition and handover from project system implementation to BAU support.
Project Methodology and Documentation
• Supports the ongoing development and improvement of enterprise program and project process methodologies and supporting systems, including any PM applications selected
• Manages resources, schedules and priorities across multiple projects within a program, including the ability to resolve resource conflicts
• Ensures Program and Project update reports are effectively developed, documented and distributed with input from all necessary parties
• Supports the accurate development of Business Requirement Documents (BRD) that effectively capture business needs and priorities for proposed system implementations
• Participates in supplier/solution option evaluation to establish a structured and balanced approach for selection of ERP solution, supplier, scope and resource requirements (budget and staffing).
Business Stakeholder Management and Communication
• Attends ERP Steering Committee meetings to report on program plans/progress/risks and participate/contribute to decisions and discussions. Build rapport and credibility with business leadership and ERP Steering group members in executing agreed program activities
• Manages expectations for the delivery of projects and escalates issues on deadlines or resources as early as possible to enable appropriate corrective action to be taken
• Ensures ERP implementations meet agreed functional business requirements and are completed according to implementation schedules, in close coordination with Group IT and system implementation teams
• Plays a key role in supporting ERP application implementation activities for end users, including scheduling, documentation and delivery of UAT, user training and post go-live phases.
• Drives the preparation of project business case for change, project success KPIs and criteria, and facilitates the change impact assessment exercise and related documentation
• Follows agreed Program and Project Change Management best practices to ensure that all proposed changes are effectively assessed, planned, approved and communicated
• Manages Program and Project scope creep through disciplined CM practices, including challenging proposed changes and ensuring ERP Steering Committee approval of significant changes
• Supports business change management by facilitating the development of clear process flows, training documentation and other tools to assist staff to transition to more integrated and efficient working processes
• Works closely with Group IT and business teams to ensure escalation of system implementation and support issues as required.
General working practices
• Customer service orientation, including professionalism and effectively managing expectations.
• Promotes IT as a proactive business partner
• Challenges status-quo and current business practices/solutions to continually search for more efficient or cost-effective ways of working
• Understands the 24/7 nature of Gulf Cryo business and is able to respond to urgent project support needs and/or scheduling of activities outside of normal business hours to minimize impact
• Follows all company policies, including strict adherence to HSE standards to always work safely and avoid risk of harm to self, others or the environment.
BSc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Minimum 12 years working experience in technology and/or business Program/Project Management, including multiple ERP transformation or implementation projects across multi-site locations. Extensive knowledge of business processes required, with previous experience of Manufacturing and Distribution business operations preferred. Previous cloud ERP system experience preferred. ERP Consulting experience an advantage.
Extensive ERP system functional knowledge and good understanding of the technical aspects of an ERP implementation.
Working experience of complex IT Program and Project planning activities, with certification in PMI and/or PRINCE2 preferred. Knowledge of both Waterfall and Agile project methodologies. Familiar with Gantt charts and Microsoft Project.
Excellent general communication, business networking and stakeholder negotiation skills to support program and project implementation processes, including ERP Steering committee interactions.
Highly proficient presentation and organisational skills.
Excellent level of English proficiency, both written and spoken.
Apply while mentioning the position in Subject Line :