An exciting career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, Entertainment Technical Department as Technician Level 1 (audio, lighting, video, F/X, rigging, Automation). In this role you are responsible for the technical execution of entertainment produced events & attractions. The member is also responsible for working with the producers, directors, the creative team and entertainment management to maintain the creative, operational and technical integrity of the said entities.
• Responsible to follow directed performance guidelines, techniques and methodology as established by Entertainment. Specialized technical expertise for specific discipline is required.
• Responsibilities may include but not be limited to: installation, programming, life safety, operations, and maintenance.
• Maintain the artistic integrity of the entertainment production or event as approved by Entertainment Management
• Responsible for attendance, obtainment and adherence of specialized training, licenses or certifications as required by specific job delegation
• Responsible for safe and effective preparation, execution and strike of technical elements as directed by Entertainment
• Capable of independent operation of all technical equipment in discipline of expertise
• Capable of supervised operation of technical equipment in other technical disciplines
• Capable of leading and guiding assigned technicians for preparation, operation and strike of entertainment driven attractions and events within the property
• Participation and involvement in all technical and entertainment related duties as may be required for the operation of the attractions within the property
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policies, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
• Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• A recognised diploma or degree, preferably relevant to the field of work.
• 2 years experience in a professional theme park, theater or cruise line.
• 3 years experience in an entertainment technical related workplace.
• Proficient knowledge and confident operation of consoles in a minimum of 1 discipline (Audio / Lighting / Video / Rigging / Automation)
• IT literacy with the ability to create and manage plots in the disciplines of lighting, audio, staging, etc.
• Capability of production of essential work related documents (Daily Work Summary, Technical Show Reports, Incident Reports, etc)
• Interpersonal relationship skills
• Leadership qualities
• Flexible working hours
• Physically fit
• Flexibility to work in loud environments
• Able to work in tight spaces and environments
• Ability to work at heights
• Certifications of further studies or educational upgrades relevant to the field of work
• Certifications for training, participation and licenses relevant to the field of work
• Certifications for training, participation and licenses related to HSE
• 3 years experience as an entertainment show operator.
• Knowledge and proficiency in discipline related design, calculation and editing software (Pro Tools, Logic Pro, CAD, Qsys, Medialon, etc)
• Programming on show control platforms.
• Knowledge on networked audio, lighting and video systems.
• Knowledge in rigging, Automation and rope access.
• Handling of pyrotechnics, fireworks, weapons and other special effects.