•Responsible in the preparation of the Project EMS Plan as Environmental requirements in the project and our clients.
•Fully conversant with all local regulations and experienced in the field of Environmental Management System.
• Supervise and monitor in the implementation of Integrated Management System & Environmental Management System in the project, if any.
• Carry out Environment audit in association with the senior site staff to see that only safe methods of working are in operation and that all regulations are being observed. He will report the finding of any inspection to the Project/Division Manager and recommend measures, if any, ought to be taken as a result of the inspection.
• Responsible to correct Environmental hazards observed at site.
• Ensure a daily site Environmental activities shall be recorded and file.
• Determine the cause of any incident or dangerous occurrence and recommend means of preventing recurrence.
• Supervise the recording and analysis of information on all incidents including estimating the cost of any Environmental damage and loss.
• Responsible in reporting and recording incidents in the Environmental incident file, collect and formulate data for inclusion in the monthly HSE report and submit to QHSE Department.
• Conduct, organize, facilitate, coordinate, assist and attend in the HSE inductions, trainings, toolbox talks and meetings and promote awareness on Environmental Issues and cultures.
• Coordinate with Client and sub-contractors HSE Representative to bind the Integrated Management System and Environmental rules and regulations as per KEPA.
• Liaise closely with Division/Department/Project Manager.
• Ensure that IMS, HSE/EMS Plan and Procedures, Risk Assessment, EAI Register, etc. are provided and distributed to relevant person and properly implemented.
• Conduct Emergency evacuation drill on Environmental Topics and prepare and submit the report to QHSE Department.
• Liaise with the client and company management on the notification of an emergency situation.
• Monitor the Environmental equipment available on site, maintained, inspected and re-order as necessary.
• Ensure adequate firefighting facilities are provided, maintained and inspected on site and kept records.
• Coordinates or directs testing of air quality, noise, temperature, or radiation to verify compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations.
• Stop the activities in cases where any danger of the employee, clients and its properties and no approved work permits (if required).
• Recommend suspension to all health, safety and environmental regulations violators.
Perform other related HSE jobs and as instructed by Head of HSE/Sr. HSE Engineer.
SHALL BE THREE-YEAR FULL TIME DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING
SHALL BE THREE – YEAR FULL TIME DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
SHALL BE THREE – YEAR FULL TIME BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (B.SC.) ( IN PHYSICS OR CHEMISTRY )