Job Title : Environmental Engineer / Officer
Department : Loss Prevention
• Observes HSE rules adopted by the Company in accordance with all country legislation, company policies, Standard Operating Procedures, safety warnings, memoranda, circulars, etc.
• Ensures all operations are done according to company s Environmental Management Plan (EMP).
• Provides basic environmental and housekeeping training to all personnel.
• To know general procedures of mine and plant and how they will comply with company s EMP.
• Investigate, make recommendations, and prepare reports on regular basis related to any environmental incidents & accidents on the mine Site.
• Use equipment and materials that are required for environmental monitoring and sampling.
• Follow up with Plant and Geology Departments on Site water consumption.
• Prepare and follow the Waste Management Plan for the Site.
• Set-ups a plan for the Environmental Consultant for monthly and quarterly monitoring.
• Jointly develop appropriate environmental protection processes, including the storage, handling, and containment of hazardous materials, minimizing environmental impact.
• Prepares budgets for the environment management.
• Prepares environmental reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing data, and identifying trends.
• Plan, manage and conduct site surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results and prepare recommendations for any unsafe environmental acts.
• Meets with representatives of other departments and contractor to coordinate environmental protection activities.
• Follow-up for Environmental Licenses and submit any documentation required by Governmental Bodies.
• Supports the development and training of local nationals by providing mentorship, guidance and coaching, leading to their growth and development.
• Bachelor s Degree in Environmental Engineering or any related course.
• 5+ years experience in Mining or Heavy Industries.
• Strong knowledge of Saudi Environmental Regulations.
• MS Office user.
• Good English communication skills (both oral and written).
• With valid driver s license, preferred.